Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I've been on HRT for 3 weeks, its done nothing!

Started by sysm29, January 11, 2012, 08:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sysm29

I was on this two years ago and eventually it did start to make me look different but I don't know is it because my body is immune to it?  Can you go off it and expect to see the same results?  Is it that im two years older and so its not as fast?  Or is 3 weeks just not enough time to see any change at all?
  •  

Steffi

Three weeks is a ridiculously short time!
Jeez....... it takes born females several years to go through puberty and development and they haven't gone through years of masculinisation first....... and you expect to see change in 3 weeks???    ::)
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)
I started out with nothing..... and I still have most of it left.
  •  

likealolita

Yeah, three weeks is too short of a time to begin judging it... I've been on a really low dose of Estrodial for two months now and all I've noticed change so far is the area around my eyes looks a little different.
  •  

Sophie

I'm curious, what kind of changes did you expect to see in 3 weeks?
  •  

sysm29

Well not a lot but this isn't my first time going through the first year of HRT... I did it all once before so I guess I expect to see me look younger, more boyish than mannish... and the eyes is where I saw it happen too.  I noticed the eyes more than anything else.
  •  

Annah

three weeks is WAY too short of a time to notice anything at all. Heck, after three weeks you wont even see a dramatic drop in t levels in your bloodwork.

Your doctor should have told you what to expect......you aren't on do it yourself hormones are you?

What you went through before with your eyes was a placebo effect...especially at three weeks.  I can see an eye changing slightly in 2 yearish
  •  

pebbles

Depends on what your taking if your not taking anti-androgens and your taking tablet form estrogens you can't expect very fast results at all.

I myself took injectable estrogen and a moderate dose of Spironolactone. So I got very fast effects. (6 hours I needed to pee constantly 12 hours I felt very stange 20 hours nipple sensitivity sense of smell effected)
  •  

Lily

My eyes changed right away after starting hrt, but that was more to do with my feeling alive for the first time in many years. It wasn't the hormones at all.

I've had noticeable eye lash growth at 6 months though. They're still thin for a woman's eyes, but they're a lot thicker than they used to be.
  •  

smooth

At three and a half weeks I actually woke up to find more eyes had strangely appeared on the back of my neck, I'm not happy though, purple and pink just isn't my colour  ;D
see you on the beach....
  •  

Maja.V

Quote from: smooth on January 12, 2012, 04:10:18 AM
At three and a half weeks I actually woke up to find more eyes had strangely appeared on the back of my neck

That would be so awesome. That's another way how to rear-park your car easier. ;D

On a more serious note, though, 3 weeks? I don't remember feeling / seeing any difference after 3 weeks, and I'm in my early twenties.