Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Night sweats?

Started by Padma, December 04, 2011, 02:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

envie

Have you just recently gotten on the HRT?

If so I think your body is getting used to the new hormonal levels.
I had them for the first 2 weeks and then they subsided.

Another gal here had the same issue few weeks ago and her GP upped the E dose and then she was fine.
  •  

Padma

Been on them almost 3 months now.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Rabbit

I get these now and then too... SOOOOOOOO annoying.

Sometimes I wake up and have soaked my stuffed bunny while hugging it o.O Or my mattress is wet (so I roll over and lay inside of my cover so half is on the bed and half is on top of me... at least lets me get back to sleep).

I'm glad it doesn't smell or anything... just... grr, so annoying.
  •  

Adabelle

I had these for maybe the first 4-6 weeks or so of transition. I think my Testosterone wasn't low enough and the estrogen wasn't high enough. It could just be your body adjusting to things, or you might want to get blood work done just to see where your T and E levels are.

I went through some menopausal symptoms including anxiety, crawling skin, migraine (my first), sweating, shaking, muscle spasms and other stuff. It all went away with time in my case. I hope you figure it out, it did suck when it was happening to me :(
  •  

Madison (kiara jamie)

Quote from: Rabbit on December 18, 2011, 03:42:05 PM

Sometimes I wake up and have soaked my stuffed bunny while hugging it o.O
awww thats so adorable

•  

Korra

I'm already sweating during the nights I'd hate to think HRT causes it to go further
I may side with the angels, but don't think for one second that I'm one of them.
  •  

Joanna

Hi Padma

Sometimes when a woman commences the menopause she can experience hot flushes during the day and cold sweats during the night.  This as others have mentioned is because her hormone levels are in a state of flux as they are in decline. 

I read another of your topics on here and you mention your E levels were a bit too low on oral meds and you have been switched to gel.  You may find as your E level rises, these sweats may start to reduce.  Just a guess, but i hope they dont trouble you for too long.

Hormones do affect us at night too.  When I first started hormones I had the most psychotic nightmares.  I lashed out in my sleep smashing a glass on my bed side table.  When my dose was increased the same happened again (no smashed glass this time) and lasted on and off for a couple of weeks.  I am also much colder than i used to be.  My  hands and feet are like blocks of ice and at night I literally freeze until the bed and I warm up.  The joys of becoming a woman. ;D I would rather these symptoms than being a guy any day!
Hey come and check me out here!!........
http://www.youtube.com/user/JennaArriving1 ;D
  •  

Padma

I'm sweating loads less now, I don't know why but I'm happy with it :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Joelene9

Quote from: Padma on January 13, 2012, 03:36:45 PM
I'm sweating loads less now, I don't know why but I'm happy with it :).
Same here, probably because it is winter and dry here and I am getting used to the HRT. 
  Joelene
  •  

Padma

Ahem (pings tuning fork): There is nothing like a jiiiinx... nothing in the wooorld...

So of course I had them again last night ::).
Womandrogyne™
  •