Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

SRS first and HRT after?

Started by belushka, January 20, 2012, 03:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belushka

Hi, so I was thinking would this be ok? Which goes first? Can it be done in this order? Is it the same? And why is there so many verification questions? I haven't seen this anywhere else, it's quite annoying.
Thanks
  •  

Assoluta

I doubt there would be anywhere which would give you SRS before suitable hormone treatment - for one thing, your hormone levels should be around the female range before SRS, presumably to minimise the change in hormone levels after the testes are removed. So in short, the path should be HRT and then SRS.
It takes balls to go through SRS!

My singing and music channel - Visit pwetty pwease!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kibouo?feature=mhee
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Hi belushka,
Welcome to Susan's. In answer to your questions,

"Hi, so I was thinking would this be ok?"   No.
"Which goes first?" HRT then approx 24 months later when the body is prepared  SRS.
"Can it be done in this order?" No.
"Is it the same?" No. HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy.  SRS = Sex Reassignment Surgery. Two completely independent and different procedures.
"And why is there so many verification questions?" (1) Litigation. (2) Ensure you FULLY understand the total ramification of SERIOUS, MAJOR, life threatening surgery. INCLUDING complications.
"I haven't seen this anywhere else,"  Sorry, I don't understand this question. What specifically haven't you seen?

Please be safe, well and happy.
Lotsa huggs
Catherine

P.S. For additional detailed information regarding SRS or GCS (Gender Correction Surgery) read the following link complete with download feature of Soc7
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,106522.msg802118.html#msg802118

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Rebekah with a K-A-H

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on January 20, 2012, 07:41:52 PM
Hi belushka,
Welcome to Susan's. In answer to your questions,

"Hi, so I was thinking would this be ok?"   No.
"Which goes first?" HRT then approx 24 months later when the body is prepared  SRS.
"Can it be done in this order?" No.
"Is it the same?" No. HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy.  SRS = Sex Reassignment Surgery. Two completely independent and different procedures.
"And why is there so many verification questions?" (1) Litigation. (2) Ensure you FULLY understand the total ramification of SERIOUS, MAJOR, life threatening surgery. INCLUDING complications.
"I haven't seen this anywhere else,"  Sorry, I don't understand this question. What specifically haven't you seen?

Please be safe, well and happy.
Lotsa huggs
Catherine

P.S. For additional detailed information regarding SRS or GCS (Gender Correction Surgery) read the following link complete with download feature of Soc7
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,106522.msg802118.html#msg802118

Yeah, ok, wow.

"Most US, Canadian, European, and Thai WPATH-following surgeons will not perform this operation on you" ≠ "is not okay".

Yes, it's almost universal that those who undergo sex reassignment usually have taken hormones of their identified sex regularly for at least a year.  That doesn't mean it's not permitted or that it's wrong to do anything else.

There are non-WPATH Thai surgeons who will perform the surgery without the normally requisite therapy/HRT/etc.  Note, however, that these surgeons are mostly catering to Thailand's kathoey population and the surgeries are frequently just cosmetic vulvas without depth of the vaginal vault.
  •  

wendy

Belushka,

I know a lot of trans people and I continue to find more combinations.

One friend lives as a male and had surgeon remove entire apparatus.  She even insists I call her him.  O.K.

She actually looks quite feminine is slight and has nice hair.

Feels she would never pass.

I do feel hormones make a big difference and made me feel better.  I have moved in steps and it seems to make sense to me.

A male can do a lot of things and still pass as a male but if you get a vajayjay you will legally be a girl. 

Would you prefer to have SRS and then HRT?   If yes why?
  •