Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Does it really get better?

Started by lauren3, January 20, 2012, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

batgirl

Quote from: Axélle-Michélle on January 21, 2012, 12:31:23 AM
But if it happens --- "It doesn't really get better" not then, for the time when you loose it. Grrrr

Axélle
i don't understand?
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: batgirl on January 21, 2012, 03:43:02 AM
i don't understand?

If you get angry with folks for them NOT getting your being transsexual --- like I did in the early days of transition, THAT makes nothing any better.
Neither for you, nor for them.

Makes sense? :-)

I got very angry with my grand-daughters mother because she kept telling, my being trans would corrupt the girl of 5, I'm not allowed to see her.
No explanation EVERY reached her. Nothing. So we may get angry... right?
Did it help - any? NO

Did it get any better? NO

Axélle
PS: "to loose it" = to get very angry (SA colloquial English)
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

pebbles

I won't lie to you it won't make EVERYTHING better and it will cause alot of problems but it will remove your gender dysphora. It will make your life better by however much GID makes your life worse.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: batgirl on January 21, 2012, 12:12:58 AM
yes it get's better. Being trans is like being a politician. You are always being judged, but if you are even tempered and politely state your case over and over without fatigue then people will accept you.

In practice I struggle because i'm super fiery.

I couldn't tell  ::)
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Axélle-Michélle on January 21, 2012, 05:11:43 AM
If you get angry with folks for them NOT getting your being transsexual --- like I did in the early days of transition, THAT makes nothing any better.
Neither for you, nor for them.

Makes sense? :-)

I got very angry with my grand-daughters mother because she kept telling, my being trans would corrupt the girl of 5, I'm not allowed to see her.
No explanation EVER reached her. Nothing. So we may get angry... right?
Did it help - any? NO

Did it get any better? NO

Axélle
PS: "to loose it" = to get very angry (SA colloquial English)

I'm sorry about your grand daughter.
  •  

ByeBye

You'll feel closer to who you really are on the inside so yes it does get better as you go through transition.
♥   I'm like an egg that is hatching into something great :)
  •  

pidgeontoed

I've had the same thing on my mind recently being out and about with my cis- friends. Had a huge dysphoria attack last night that was made was worse when people asked me "You look sad, what's wrong?" Heck no I'm not talking to a stranger about my trans issues, especially when still presenting male.

Just wanted to say that reading all of these posts helped. It's not an instant change, but taking steps forward will eventually get there. I'd like to put in a quote by the philosopher Albert Camus that helps me sometimes when I'm thinking about how hard it will be. It helps me focus on the end, the invincible summer without GID:

Quote from: Albert Camus
In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.
"Playing things too safe is a popular way to fail... dying is another way."
  •