Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How many session of Laser hair removal did you have for clearing

Started by Lucy, March 29, 2007, 05:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many session of Laser  hair removal did you have for full face clearing

6 or Below
1 (7.7%)
6-11
2 (15.4%)
12-17
0 (0%)
18-23
0 (0%)
24 and Above
0 (0%)
Not Started yet
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Lucy

I know that most people have probobly awnsered this befor but what the hell. Im going to ask any way. Im sure that most peope have told me its around ____ sessions but let the poll do the talking.

What im interested is how many sessions on Laser Hair Removel it took to get the face fully cleared. I know that electrollosis may have been used later for the stragglers but Im purly interested in the lasers here.

I ask because it costs around £700 for 6 full face sessions here in the UK.

Thank you love Lucy
  •  

Fer

I did laser and electrolysis at the same time.  I didn\'t have good results with laser alone and that\'s one of the reasons why I started electro.  My face is hairless now and I couldn\'t be happier.
The laws of God, the laws of man, He may keep that will and can; Not I. Let God and man decree Laws for themselves and not for me; And if my ways are not as theirs Let them mind their own affairs. - A. E. Housman
  •  

molly

I've had seven laser sessions with the eighth scheduled in April.  At this point my face is mostly cleared with light grey hairs making up the majority of what's left.  No more five o'clock shadow, yea!  Based on current results I am considering having electro to go after the greys beginning after the next laser session.

I have read that many people have not had success with laser so I was not sure if I should invest the time and money to try it.  In the end I figured why not give it a try and if it didn't work I would switch to electro.  I am very pleased with the results and glad I did it.  There is very little facial hair left and I enjoy the clean look and not having to use ton's of make-up to cover up the beard.

I didn't see much progress after the first few sessions, but then beginning with the fifth session the reduced hair started to become very noticable.  I really saw the difference after the last session (7th).  Based on my experience it takes from seven to ten sessions to have satisfactory results.

It seems laser does not work for everyone.  So far it is working for me and that is all I can really comment about.  Good luck and much success.

Maya
  •  

LostInTime

After 6 sessions, I was about 70% cleared.  I never had a lot of facial hair but what I did have was light coloured and some were red.  The laser failed on these.  However, a couple of years later, I have had almost a full regrowth of the areas done by laser.  So I will be going back to needle electro ASAP.

YMMV.
  •  

LynnER

I havnt done it yet, but from what I understand its generaly 6 sessions... if your going to go with lazer, make sure the place uses a new type lazer like the aurora... the new types have better and longer lasting results... and supposedly work on darker skins, and grey, nonpigmented, light, and red hairs which the older type lazers didnt....

the place Im giong with is a national chain... they only charge you for the 6 initian treatments for a full clearing... for the 2 years following the 6th treatment, you can go back at any time for additional treatments at no additonal cost...  but most likely youd end up haveing to finish up with electro reguardless  *Shrugs*
  •  

ssindysmith

I had 7 horrifying sessions with an electrolysis on my face, I had laser on the rest of me and that was 16 sessions.
  •  

seldom

I am not sure many people know this, but you should be getting maintenance  treatments with laser once or twice a year or the hair will grow back.  Many people do not know this. 

With that being said.  I had one session so far, my neck cleared significantly (there are only patches of hair) the first session.  My facial hair thinned out quite a bit as well, but not as well as the neck.  It was a little different than what I was expected, but a significant improvement.   

I have fair skin and dark hair (no gray or light hair) though, and way to much hair.  The person who is doing the laser treatment said I was an ideal candidate for laser.  So my results will probably be better than most. 

Skin type and hair color DO play a large role into the effectiveness of the laser.  The fairer the skin and darker the hair, the more effective the laser.

Just remember if you had laser done to do maintain it, keep to the schedule and maintain it once a year. 
  •  

Lucy

Funny that , I had read on other theds that the results seemed to be perminant. and that there was no need for going back.
  •  

ssindysmith

its been almost 3 years for me and body laser, on occasion I get a few stragglers mainly on my belly and groin, I just puck them. One thing I did and still do is use hair inhibiting moisturizer.
  •  

LynnER

Quote from: Lucy on April 03, 2007, 04:25:32 AM
Funny that , I had read on other theds that the results seemed to be perminant. and that there was no need for going back.

Depends on the lazer type... and the quality of the technician...
Technicaly its perminant hair reduction not removal...
  •