Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do u know a REAL story wer a trans married straight man who NEVER knew shes tran

Started by Sad Girl, January 29, 2012, 05:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sad Girl

Do you know a REAL LIFE STORY like this? Please share or give me link of these type of stories. I heard there was a film in USA like this, do you know its title? I also heard a case where a trans woman married a straight man and the man came to know the truth only AFTER 7 YEARS!!  :o Do you know that story? Please tell me more if you know. Thanks
  •  

VannaSiamese

Quote from: Happy Girl on January 29, 2012, 05:29:41 PM
Do you know a REAL LIFE STORY like this? Please share or give me link of these type of stories. I heard there was a film in USA like this, do you know its title? I also heard a case where a trans woman married a straight man and the man came to know the truth only AFTER 7 YEARS!!  :o Do you know that story? Please tell me more if you know. Thanks

Yeah, when I was little there was a story like that.  In my hometown, my friends dad married a woman, and was married to her for like 10 years, and then somehow he discovered her past and found out she was trans.  They got divorced.  I don't remember anything about the woman, I was too young to remember.
I guess that doesn't exactly incorporate the "never" part, but it was pretty close to never. 
  •  

Sad Girl

Quote from: VannaSiamese on January 29, 2012, 06:01:26 PM
Yeah, when I was little there was a story like that.  In my hometown, my friends dad married a woman, and was married to her for like 10 years, and then somehow he discovered her past and found out she was trans.  They got divorced.  I don't remember anything about the woman, I was too young to remember.
I guess that doesn't exactly incorporate the "never" part, but it was pretty close to never.

OMG when it comes to Thailaind and mtf transsexualism, we don't joke. In fact the Thai trans look women and the Thai women look trans, LOL! The Miss Tiffany's are ALWAYS more beautiful than the real Miss Thailand. They are one of the most feminine and beautiful in the world and close to impossible to know.
  •  

Annah

Quote from: VannaSiamese on January 29, 2012, 06:01:26 PM

I knew of the same situation in Washington State that happened around 2006.

Why I am a big proponent of telling your partner than keeping it a secret.
  •  

Dahlia

Quote from: Happy Girl on January 29, 2012, 08:05:30 PM
OMG when it comes to Thailaind and mtf transsexualism, we don't joke. In fact the Thai trans look women and the Thai women look trans, LOL! The Miss Tiffany's are ALWAYS more beautiful than the real Miss Thailand. They are one of the most feminine and beautiful in the world and close to impossible to know.

Have you ever been to Thailand then? I've been, twice. Lot's of MTF there (and some FTM too..) and yes, lots because they're somehow recognisable for other (EU/USA) MTF's.
No matter how small, frail and/or feminine they radiate a MTF aura....and very often their voices are a give away, even to the most stupid of stupid straight male/western tourist.

Also Thai people  themselves can instantly tell  a  Thai MTF is a Thai MTF....from their 'less modest' behaviour in comparison to Thai women, their voices etcetc.

And yes, I've heard the fairytale of 'Thai TS'es are soooooo feminine, you can't tell!' very often.

But hey, if Thai MTF's 'are soooooooo feminine you can't tell.....' they  wouldn't have noticed they're MTF's and should have seen Thai 'GG's'/non 'suspicious' women instead of MTF's, right?
  •  

Annah

Half of my class and my BF just got back from a three week cross cultural trip in Thailand.

They told me that they ran into many Thai MTF there and it seemed to be pretty much the same as it is here. You have very passable ones, you have ones that cannot pass, you had those who had good voices, you had those with masculine voices, etc.

They saw prostitute trans and they saw shop owner trans.

But they didn't commit that all thai trans were uber passable. They said it was just like the US when compared to their looks, body language, voice, etc.
  •  

ToriJo

Quote from: Annah on January 29, 2012, 11:01:23 PM
I knew of the same situation in Washington State that happened around 2006.

Why I am a big proponent of telling your partner than keeping it a secret.

My wife was outed about 2 weeks ago in a way that neither her or I expected was possible (by government; and, yes, her identity documents are fine, her name is different, and she moved; and, yes, what this government agency did was illegal, but it was done nonetheless; finally, no, I won't give details because my wife's privacy is important and even giving slight details beyond what I've said above would violate that).  It was sad to see, but it didn't hurt our relationship since it isn't anything that I didn't already know.  No matter how much someone thinks they've hidden their past life, it's just plain impossible.  I was glad I was able to help her through that (as you can imagine, this garbage can be very traumatic, especially when you think you've got everything covered).

Other people try to hide their past, such as criminals - but even clever criminals get caught.  Some get lucky and get away with it, but it's more to do with luck than anything else.

In the US, not disclosing can open marriage up to legal challenge.  It's seen as a deceit by courts, and reason for a "for fault" divorce (which can affect things like who gets shared property, custody of kids, etc).  No matter how much in love someone is, I'd still think it to be wise to legally protect ones' self.

That said, as for someone getting away with not disclosing, I'm sure plenty of people have done exactly that.  But of course it would be hard to know who has done it, because if they are successful then nobody would know!  You would have to cut off all ties very effectively to your past, and I would think that would mean never confiding in anyone about your past (including telling them you are getting away with it!), cutting off past friends, not posting online about your past, etc.  So how would we know if someone managed this, unless they were outed?
  •