both
14 (42.4%)
neither, I use the pay phone at the gas station
0 (0%)
two cans and a string
2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

tekla

Just wondering, I was writing about cell phone use on another topic, and thought I'd just check.  And, if you are 'cell only' how long have you been w/o a land line?

Me, cell only since 2001.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Pica Pica

I got my first mobile in 2007, and lost it on a bus within a month. I got my second, also in 2007 and when I was mugged it was returned to me, because it wasn't worth their while. I'm always losing it as I don't phone many people, except to arrange a proper meeting, but it keeps coming back to me.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Beth Andrea

We went cell-only about 5 years ago...but I don't remember for sure.

I'm not going to get a "smart phone", though...I only need a phone, texting, and a camera. Smart phones' displays are WAAAYY too small for my eyes to use...and I don't want to have to put on glasses just to see it.

I also have used Skype, but not for awhile.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

xander

cell only since i left home around 16-17. 2006 i think.
  •  

Jennifer

Great poll Tekla and I just read your other reply about cell phones and polling.

I have both because I live in a rural area with poor cell coverage and no cable so I also need the land line for internet.

My cell phone is so old it has a rotary dial ;D (Just kidding).

Jennifer
  •  

stldrmgrl

Cell (since 2002).
Obviously not the same phone as back then.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora Tekla,

::) I'm Telepathic ! I save on service provider costs ;) ;D

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Felix

I've been cell-only since 2002 or 2003, but there was a half year or so period where I had neither land line nor cell.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Michael Joseph

have had a cell since 2002. still have a landline but i dont use it, my mom does though.

Medusa

IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

Pica Pica

I'd say my phone was in the right century, if the wrong decade.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

RachaelAnn22

I have both,I use the landline for internet and carry the cell phone with me.I live in a rural area so both phones come in handy.I got the cell phone 2 years ago.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) I got my first mobile in the mid 90s[a work one]...However I use both landline and mobile, if my telepathic line of communication is on the blink.. ;D

Metta Zenda :) 
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

veritatemfurto

~;{@ Mel @};~

My GRS on 04-14-2015

Of all the things there are to do on this planet, there's only one thing that I must do- Live!
  •