News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I'm the only person in my house who THINKS

Started by Bird, February 24, 2012, 09:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

I'm simply surrounded by idiots.

I was going for a month of study in a large hospital at another city, it is a big city, a big central hospital and in the field I want to specialize afterwards. I asked my parents if they had the money to, and if they were willing to, support me there for that month. They said YES. This was two months ago

15 days before I was supposed to go, my father called. He said I wans't going to go anymore, no justification given. Without money, I simply couldn't go anyway. When I told him I didn't know if I would be able to transfer the study schedule back to the hospital I attend regularly, and if I could not I would not be able to finish this year, he told me I would have to sort it out myself alone and that I had no support for him. Myself, I can't work, and I would not be able to support myself there.

So, this kind of thing is not one you can do from one week to another, it is more one month to another. Today I told him then that I had not received the confirmation letter from the hospital at my town yet and it is very likely I would be screwed due to what he ordered me to do. He then went and said it was OK if I went to the other hospital I was going to, and told me he only did this to "Protect me" because the city I was going to is large and thus, has a lot of crime.

I'm just thinking right now "<not allowed> him". I busted my ass to get the opportunity to go there, then busted my ass again to try to attend to the hospital he told me to, then in the whim of a moment, he changes his mind again. I had to send emails, do a lot of bureacratic stuff and in general, loss a LOT of time because of "protection" and even run the risk of losing the semester.

It sounds so much like crap and stupidity. I can't wait until I graduate and I swear, with my first payment I will rent ANY flat, buy a bed and move.
  •  

Jamie D

Sounds like your father is playing "power struggle" games.  He wants control.

(It was unclear to me whether you were going to the other hospital to study/work, or whehther you were goinjg for treatment.)
  •  

lilacwoman

lots of control freaks about but depending on your age this may be simple parental concern?
  •  

Bird

I was going to the hospital to study, I am a 28 year old nearly graduate medicine student. I will graduate at the end of this year. And just in case anyone wonders, I can't work because medicine school is something you do 24/7 and you are lucky if you get to sleep.

@Beverley - My plan, exactly.

1-Graduate.
2-First Payment.
3-Get out.
  •  

Cindy

Sorry to hear this Bird,

Any chance of a student grant from the hospital?  I obviously don't know the Brazilian system but in Aus we often have private practice money that is used to support a deserving student who otherwise  would miss out.
  •  

justmeinoz

"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Bird

@Cindy

I work at research projects and receive some funding because of them. It is pretty small though and I use it to pay for my gender therapist and HRT.

@justmeinoz

Thank you!

•