Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hypothyroidism?

Started by Incarlina, June 02, 2014, 08:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incarlina

Does anyone have experience with hypothyroidism? My endocrinologist routinely screens all her patients for it, and the last time I saw her she said my TSH level had dropped. So after an additional blood test I'm now waiting to hear the results. I looked at the list of early symptoms, and it was exactly what I'm taking anti-depressants for: lack of energy, depression and poor concentration. Later symptoms that fit were weight gain and cold extremities.

On one hand it would suck to add another life long treatment to the list, but if several problems can be solved at once it would make my life a lot better. Especially since seasonal depression already takes a lot of energy from me 5 months every year.
Diagnosis [X] Hormones [X] Voice therapy [X] Electrolysis [/] FT [X] GRS [ ]
Warning: Any metaphors in the above post may be severely broken.
  •  

Incarlina

That doesn't sound like a lot of fun  :(
I hope she gets back to me with a verdict soon, so I'll at least know.
  •  

Sarah Louise

All that is needed to balance your thyroid back out is one small pill per day..  While the issue is bad, the solution is very easy.  I have taken medicine for this for 20 years.  My co pay is $4 for 3 month supply.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Kassie

I take thyroid medication as well have been for 15 years not too bad of a issue in my opinion just make sure you are not thyroid resistant as I had quite a few doctors who did not catch it for years even though I had both thyroid symptoms finally they caught it when I went to a natural path but from what I have been told quite a few people are thyroid resistance and they are doing the extra test more often
  •  

MacG

I've been taking the little pill for 30 years. I get TSH checked and have made adjustment to the dose occasionally, but it's been stable for years and years.
Out of all the various things that have gone awry with my body, this is by far the easiest to manage.
Congrats on getting diagnosed.  I suspect getting your thyroid hormone to normal will help you feel better in many ways.

luna nyan

Incartina,

Hypothyroid is usually one of the easier conditions to manage, and I don't think it will affect HRT at all.
Drifting down the river of life...
My 4+ years non-transitioning HRT experience
Ask me anything!  I promise you I know absolutely everything about nothing! :D
  •  

Incarlina

I'm still waiting for a definitive answer, but I guess it feels less scary after hearing more about it :) Swedish GPs are notoriously bad at diagnosing and treating it, so I'm glad my endo is on the case.
  •