Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Help with eye makeup

Started by Jeneva, March 04, 2012, 10:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeneva

Ok, I don't normally wear eye makeup.  Even though I've been full time I haven't really worn any since my wife doesn't either.

When Jeff cut my hair last time he suggested I find a darker shadow and try to pull off the Joan Jett look like he styled my hair.  I tried to pick Shannon's mind, but she has no more experience that I do.  I did what I thought I was supposed to and Shannon said it looked ok, but I'm just not sure it is the right look.

Can people please take a look and give suggestions?  Yes I know I should "know" this already since I've been full time for months, but neither of us are really big makeup people and to be honest most people around here aren't either.  Please be honest, but lets try not to be mean ;).

IMG_0184 by jeneva.samples, on Flickr

PS: My cheeks aren't that dark really.  I'm wearing a neon pink FCK H8 shirt and it is reflecting up and playing with the camera sensors.  I also want to find a blacker shade of lip gloss to go with this.

Shannon said I should add that all she is wearing for makeup is just a touch of concealer right now.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Shantel

Hi Jeneva,
         You want to limit what you have on the bottom lid other than a little light eyeliner, try to refrain from overdoing the heavy dark upper eyelid so that you don't get raccoon eyes. Perhaps a lighter shade darker toward the nose and lighter as you proceed toward the outer corners. There are some very good makeup tutorial videos on the Internet. Just stick with the ones for real women and ignore the drag queen vids. Looking cute though!
  •