Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Changes In Taste While Trying To Lose Weight?

Started by King Malachite, February 03, 2012, 05:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

When you are trying to lose weight an eat better is it common to not enjoy junk food or bad foods like before?  It seems like when my mom cooks something that may not be as healthy like a hotdog or onion rings I don't enjoy them and I just spit them out.  This is the same for junk food like nachos or cheese puffs etc.  Now I just want stir fried boneless chicken and vegetables or chicken and monzerella cheese wraps or a salad.  Is this normal that my tastebuds are changing? 
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Maja.V

I would think so, yep. We're going through second adolescence, and I think it's bound to change for some.

Did for me, too. I used to not like chocolate particularly, now I just want to bury my face in it. Same goes for some other vegetables (like beans, used to despise them).

veritatemfurto

dinner was beef stew, spam, and rice tonight. Can't say I remember NOT liking fried spam ever before... so yes... I think this was a recent topic on the Dr Oz Show...
~;{@ Mel @};~

My GRS on 04-14-2015

Of all the things there are to do on this planet, there's only one thing that I must do- Live!
  •  

Joelene9

I did lose a good portion of my weight 4 years ago.  It wasn't any taste changes, but the attitude I had.  I went off that wagon when my high PSA numbers stayed up despite dieting.  I usually kept away from processed foods.  I make my meals from scratch, often with fresh or preserved stuff from my garden.   A Marie Callender's Pie from the restaurant has less chemical additives than the same Marie Callender's pie in your grocer's freezer.  This is the same with most of the restaurant brand names in the store.   
  Today I went to Burger King to try out their new fries plus a new burger, NEVER AGAIN!  AWFUL!  The fries are only thicker than their old fries, same rough cut that holds more grease which give them a stale taste if you don't down them in the next 10 minutes.  The 1/3 lb. burger is a bacon deluxe type with cheese in a Kaiser roll.  The salt content in the cheese offset the bacon, onion and what little flavor the off season tomato had.  I was getting this blast of strong briny taste by the melted cheese with every bite. 
  The hormones is what made the difference in the change of the perception of taste for me.  Everything tastes the same as before, but I have different likes and dislikes over the past year than before.  I really like garlic in my seafood.  I didn't care for that before.  My sister likes rice.  She won't go near Uncle Ben's products because it is not anywhere close to "real" rice, I agree.  When she got pregnant with the changing hormonal soup, she didn't care for rice, the cooking smell made her nauseous.  She was fine afterwards, still a rice snob.
  All I need to do now is cut down on the portions. 
  Joelene
  •