Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Tomboy movie

Started by Mihael222, March 07, 2012, 06:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mihael222

I recommend watching this movie,it's awesome.French drama about 10 year old ftm.
  •  

Padma

Waiting for it to reach the UK.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

niamh

Quote from: Padma on March 07, 2012, 06:46:58 AM
Waiting for it to reach the UK.

Or.... ;-) Saw it. It's cute. The girl who plays the main character is so sweet. To be 10 again.....

Quote from: Mihael222 on March 07, 2012, 06:24:42 AM
I recommend watching this movie,it's awesome.French drama about 10 year old ftm.

I disagree that it's about an ftm. It's just a girl who passes herself of as a boy. Nowhere in the movie does she actually say she wishes she were a boy or wishes to transition. The title is what she is: a tomboy. C'est tout.
  •  

Padma

If it played in the cinemas, it didn't play out here in the sticks. I'm waiting for it to be available on DVD with English subtitles, which it wasn't yet last time I looked. Maybe it's there now.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

niamh

I didn't watch it in the cinema but at home in the comfort of my own home and I got subtitles for my wife , who unlike me, doesn't speak French. I get everything off the internet because I don't have a TV and anyway, I don't live in an English-speaking country so we never get the programmes everyone else watches in the US and UK.
  •  

Padma

I speak French, but my French isn't fast enough for most cinema (I've learned the hard way) so I'll hold out for subtitles. Seems to be available now on DVD, but I'll wait for the price to come down.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

KamTheMan

I didn't like the ending AT ALL. Tomboy females may enjoy this film but if you're a transguy.. I don't know. I'm genderqueer and I was like 'this is bull>-bleeped-<.' started great tho.

•  

KamTheMan

Btw I just googled 'watch tomboy online' and there were links available. Just watched after I saw this thread.

•  

themanicbard

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to see this at the Queer Film Festival in town later this month, has anyone actually enjoyed it? Seems like people feel a bit let down by this film, and I don't wanna waste my time and money if it's actually terrible.
  •  

Wil Najera

~wiLeeuhm~
  •  

wheat thins are delicious

Quote from: Todd Landon on March 07, 2012, 06:42:01 PM
watch it online here:
http://www.alluc.org/movies/watch-tomboy-2011-online/146926.html

Todd, did you have to make an account to watch that?  I'm having some problems.

•  

Wil Najera

yeah, it kinda didnt go as easily as i thought. i made an account but you have to download something on ur computer to even watch it... and i cant because this is my work's computer... so i probly wouldnt recommend doing it as it didnt seem like a completely safe site... :/ oops.
~wiLeeuhm~
  •  

niamh

Quote from: Andy8715 on March 07, 2012, 11:27:03 PM
Todd, did you have to make an account to watch that?  I'm having some problems.

As I was trying to explain earlier without being too obvious: there are safe good quality torrents out there. All you need is to google them and away you go. But I'm not going to post them as it would be against forum policy.

Quote from: themanicbard on March 07, 2012, 06:33:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to see this at the Queer Film Festival in town later this month, has anyone actually enjoyed it? Seems like people feel a bit let down by this film, and I don't wanna waste my time and money if it's actually terrible.

As I said it's a sweet film. It's just not about transguys. Not everything genderqueer has to be trans. I kinda liked that it wasn't.
  •  

wheat thins are delicious

I only like to watch online,  I don't like to download.

•  

niamh

Quote from: Andy8715 on March 08, 2012, 12:28:38 AM
I only like to watch online,  I don't like to download.

Fine. The option's there for people who do.
  •  

harlee

You can watch it here online for free
http://www.tubeplus.me/player/1824566/Tomboy/
I think there is a pop up or two that comes up when you try to click play, but once you get past it, it works fine.

I thought the movie was ok but not really that good :P

•  

rexyrex

i think it is out on dvd seen it on one of the sites. With enlish sub. Sounds good but why do they have to make an upsetting ending? they need to make one with a happy ending.

But i will watch it, seen boys don't cry good but upsetting to.
  •  

niamh

Quote from: rexyrex on March 08, 2012, 10:24:57 AM
i think it is out on dvd seen it on one of the sites. With enlish sub. Sounds good but why do they have to make an upsetting ending? they need to make one with a happy ending.

But i will watch it, seen boys don't cry good but upsetting to.

Why was it an upsetting ending? I thought it was quite sweet, Lisa accepts Laure as a lil quirky.
  •  

rexyrex

Quote from: niamh on March 08, 2012, 12:10:50 PM
Why was it an upsetting ending? I thought it was quite sweet, Lisa accepts Laure as a lil quirky.
i agree

sorry it just how KyleXX made it sound bad, now that i have seen it, it not bad i like it good ending too!
  •  

KamTheMan

Quote from: niamh on March 08, 2012, 12:10:50 PM

It was an upsetting ending because they chased the kid down and Lisa "checked" her genitals. I just thought, especially in this day and age, it was unnecessary to have a movie with that sort of reaction scene in it.

•