News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sublingual Estradiol - My Results

Started by melissa42013, August 29, 2011, 09:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melissa42013

Ok,
So I had read a while back that you could take your E sublingually (under the tongue) to increase it's effectiveness by skipping a first round trip through the liver.

Let me first say that I am working with a doctor who is familiar in working with cross-gender HRT and am getting regular blood tests. I had started out self-dosing but decided quickly that I was going to be on E for the rest of my life and found to courage to go to a doctor. (best decision and the HRT is cheaper!)

Anyways, one of the interesting discoveries is that I apparently have a "super liver" that wipes out my E on the first pass. When looking at the lab results you want the Estradiol to range between 100-200pg/ml

On 4-29-2011 - 27pg/ml - while taking a "normal" transition dose orally (this falls within the "normal range" for males!
On 6-27-2011 - 76pg/ml - This is taking DOUBLE the normal dosage orally.
On 8-21-2011 - 375pg/ml - This is the same "Double" dose but taken sublingually.

So there you go, the only difference was the way I took it. So the doctor started backing the dosage back down. I felt a little silly picking up a bottle packed with 180 of those little blue pills!

Anyways, don't jump to conclusions that more is better. The point is to keep the E within an acceptable safe range. Too much can have the opposite effects. The interesting thing to note is that if I had kept on self dosing I would have NEVER taken as much E as the doctor prescribed and even at that it was not enough.

I have another trans friend (same basic build as me) that is taking 1/4 the daily dose I am and had an E level that was high so everyone is made different.

I just thought you'd appreciate these results.

-Melissa

•  

JennaNicole

I noticed when I switched from the ones I took sublingually to the ones I was prescribed....that my boobs not only got smaller, and they changed a little in the way they appeared after 3 months......so I decided to try taking one of my old pills under my tong, with the new pills helped gave me more effect. Thankfully the boobs bounced back....so the under the tong theory might have some legit merit to it.
  •  

caitlin_adams

•  

rea.nyx

Quote from: melissa42013 on August 29, 2011, 09:48:01 PM
Ok,
So I had read a while back that you could take your E sublingually (under the tongue) to increase it's effectiveness by skipping a first round trip through the liver.

Let me first say that I am working with a doctor who is familiar in working with cross-gender HRT and am getting regular blood tests. I had started out self-dosing but decided quickly that I was going to be on E for the rest of my life and found to courage to go to a doctor. (best decision and the HRT is cheaper!)

Anyways, one of the interesting discoveries is that I apparently have a "super liver" that wipes out my E on the first pass. When looking at the lab results you want the Estradiol to range between 100-200pg/ml

On 4-29-2011 - 27pg/ml - while taking a "normal" transition dose orally (this falls within the "normal range" for males!
On 6-27-2011 - 76pg/ml - This is taking DOUBLE the normal dosage orally.
On 8-21-2011 - 375pg/ml - This is the same "Double" dose but taken sublingually.

So there you go, the only difference was the way I took it. So the doctor started backing the dosage back down. I felt a little silly picking up a bottle packed with 180 of those little blue pills!

Anyways, don't jump to conclusions that more is better. The point is to keep the E within an acceptable safe range. Too much can have the opposite effects. The interesting thing to note is that if I had kept on self dosing I would have NEVER taken as much E as the doctor prescribed and even at that it was not enough.

I have another trans friend (same basic build as me) that is taking 1/4 the daily dose I am and had an E level that was high so everyone is made different.

I just thought you'd appreciate these results.

-Melissa

hi melissa,

i am on sublingual estradiol also, 2 days ago :)

i would like to know how much of sublingual estradiol do you take?... i mean 4 mg, 6 mg every day, etc.

how many time you put the pill under your tongue?

do you take estrace, estrofem or progynova?

thank you so much in advance.
  •  

JessicaH

Sorry girl but dosage discussions arent allowed on this site. You can PM her though.

I have seen Melissa without a shirt and I can tell you the E is definately doing it's job!!  lol   When I hired her I bought her some special tactical shirts (like mine)  that have double layer pockets on the front to hide those things.  It really sucked when I had to book her a round trip ticket to Shanghai instead of to my current location in Africa.  I guess the Chinese are going to have a differnet view of americans after THIS!  lol   Enjoy City Sushi when you get there!
  •  

V M

Quote from: rea.nyx on March 10, 2012, 11:19:34 AM
hi melissa,

i am on sublingual estradiol also, 2 days ago :)

i would like to know how much of sublingual estradiol do you take?... i mean 4 mg, 6 mg every day, etc.

how many time you put the pill under your tongue?

do you take estrace, estrofem or progynova?

thank you so much in advance.

Hi rea.nyx  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's  :)

8. The discussion of hormone replacement therapy(HRT) and it's medications are permitted, with the following limitations:

A. Advocating for or against a specific medication or combinations of medications for personal gain is strictly prohibited.
B. Discussing the means to acquire HRT medications without a prescription, and self medication without a doctors care is prohibited.
C. Discussing dosages is strongly discouraged to prevent information obtained on this site from being used to self medicate.

We can not in good conscience condone the self administering of these medications. Not only may self medication be illegal, but HRT medications can cause serious health problems, and many have the potential for life-threatening side effects that can only be detected and prevented with proper medical supervision.

Please be sure to review

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •