Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I actually did it!!!!

Started by shortNsweet, April 04, 2012, 06:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortNsweet

So I've been trying for a few weeks now trying to find a therapist in my area who I could possibly speak with. I thought I wasn't going to find someone. But then today I finally got a response from a counselor right in my area who says she has worked with people with gender issues for the past 17 years and would be happy to meet with me. I get to set up an appointment tomorrow! I still just can't believe I actually and doing this. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Just wanted to share this with someone. It's a big moment in my life.
  •  

Jeneva

Glad you found someone and had the courage to call.  It can be a tremendous help if you want it to be.

Good job girl!
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

shortNsweet

A friend of mine suggested I try to find something and I think that really pushed me into high gear. I just never thought I would be able to do this. I owe my friend so much thanks now. :)
  •  

luna nyan

Congratulations!
Getting that foot in the door in the first place is a huge step!  It takes courage to go up to someone you don't know well and divulge something so close to ones heart.  I hope it works out well for you. :)
Drifting down the river of life...
My 4+ years non-transitioning HRT experience
Ask me anything!  I promise you I know absolutely everything about nothing! :D
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Congratulations Hun,

now the real stuff is about to start. Be as open as you can and you'll go places you never thought existed.

keep that friend real close. Money can't buy such friendship and loyalty.

Be safe, well and happy.
Lotsa huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Ashley_C

Congrats.

I was in the same boat as you a year ago. Just be honest and remember it is a safe environment.

People were telling me when I was going to a therapist how much calmer I seemed (they had no idea I was seeing someone, they just noticed a change in my demeanor.)
We must move forward... not backwards, not to the side, not forwards, but always whirling, whirling, whirling towards freedom.

My mindless babbling are my own opinions and nothing more.
  •  

~Nikki59~

Congratulations! Just be honest with her, and you'll get so much out of it! I remember my first session, it was like a ton of bricks were taken off my shoulders. Good luck with everything!
  •  

Constance

Congratulations!

These starting points are big moments and we should celebrate them

Congrats again!

susanewing

I knew I had gender issues from a young age and was unhappy all my life until that wonderful day I started therapy. My therapist was highly experienced with transsexuals and I was so happy to find out I was not alone and not some terrible person. For the first time in my life I had a safe, secure and supportive environment. I remember the day I looked her in the eye and said I really need to become a woman; she said you already are a woman mentally and now you are going to become one physically. There was no looking back from that point. I am completely happy living as a woman.
  •