Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Registering for something as the opposite gender of what your ID says

Started by Everyone, November 07, 2012, 04:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everyone

I went to take the GED and before you take it you have to take a practice test and register. I registered as male, but my ID says female. When I go to take the GED I have to present an ID. Will this cause problems? If so, do you think they'll be serious problems? Has anyone else done something similar?
"If I have sex while I'm pregnant, will my baby get pregnant too?" - Yahoo! Answers question
  •  

Vicky

"Oops I was so excited I marked the wrong box!!"  "Here is my official ID, yes this is really me!"  Dysphoria not withstanding.
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

Biscuit_Stix

Quote from: Vicky on November 07, 2012, 05:32:34 PM
"Oops I was so excited I marked the wrong box!!"  "Here is my official ID, yes this is really me!"  Dysphoria not withstanding.

I wanna 'like' this post, hahahaha!

Yeah, if they make a big deal out of it just shrug it off as a mistake. Humans do that. They'll just have to pout about it. I doubt it'll be a big issue though.
What the hell was that?!                 From every wound there is a scar,
Spaceball 1.                                     and every scar tells a story.
*gasp* They've gone to plaid!        A story that says,
                                                        "I survived."
  •  

Cindy

Something else that varies from place to place. When I changed my name the document came back with Sex= male. When I changed my documents all of the officials marked my gender as female.

My HR department changed my gender to female as soon as I asked them. The only document left is my Passport. Which at the moment I cannot use because the photo and I don't match in any way shape or gender.

But it varies as I said form country to country.
  •  

Carbon

"Um, your ID says "male" but you're registered as a female."
"Oh that's odd, isn't is?"
And then you smile demurely. Except you're FTM so I guess you have to scowl and do something appropriately manly like wrestling a bear.
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Hi Everyone,

A very simple solution to your dilemma. A Statutory Declaration stating that your female name and your male name are one in the same person.

That is legal document, and in Oz is maintained by the Oaths Act 1900. This act plainly sets out there are substantial penalties for making false and misleading statements within the declaration.

If anyone you present this legal document to doesn't understand or refuses to accept it, make sure they are aware of the penalties available to them for their actions.

Be safe, well and happy.

Lotsa huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Everyone

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on November 08, 2012, 06:57:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

A very simple solution to your dilemma. A Statutory Declaration stating that your female name and your male name are one in the same person.

That is legal document, and in Oz is maintained by the Oaths Act 1900. This act plainly sets out there are substantial penalties for making false and misleading statements within the declaration.

If anyone you present this legal document to doesn't understand or refuses to accept it, make sure they are aware of the penalties available to them for their actions.

Be safe, well and happy.

Lotsa huggs
Catherine

Wow that's super helpful. :D Of course the other answers were helpful as well. =)
"If I have sex while I'm pregnant, will my baby get pregnant too?" - Yahoo! Answers question
  •