Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Facing my Fears??

Started by Shannon1030, February 21, 2012, 11:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannon1030

So I recently just figured out that I'm a crossdresser, and the night I realized this I admitted to a close friend of mine I work with. Now I have never dressed up up before always been to scared to try it. And my lady friend who I admitted this to offered to do my makeup and help me dress up (she makeup for movies). Now I really want to try this girls night, but I'm very nervous to. I know I need to face my fears, but I'm just scared and wanting to bail but I really want to do this. Is there any advice anyone has, maybe stories of the first time one of you dressed. Or something to look forward during or to try that night? Anything will be helpfull
  •  

Cindy

Hi Shannon and welcome,

A few rules to live by

Hi, and welcome to Susan's! We have people come to visit us from all over the world, expressing different points of view, and you are likely to find someone to help you along your way   

Here are some important links and things to ponder as you begin your journey here.

•   Site Terms of Service and rules to live by are in the announcement area and include:
•   Standard Terms and Definitions
•   Post Ranks ( including when you can upload an avatar/post links and photos)
•   Age and the Forum
•   Reputation rules
Feel free to post and discuss anything within the rules, if you make a mistake, don't panic, report it to a Mod, there is a button to the right of your post.
If a post upsets, or is insulting to you report it to a Mod. Do not take action yourself. We are here to help you and maintain the site for all.
Our mission is to be a support site for gender dysmorphic people of any situation, so feel at home and feel comfortable. You are now family.

I'm TG so I don't really relate to cross dressing but there is nothing wrong with it at all. It sounds great that your friend is offering to help with your make up etc.  If you take her up on this I would suggest being very careful to keep the event non-sexual. No matter how 'excite' you become.
As a professional make up artist she could certainly show you tips and tricks to make you look good! Do you have your own clothes, etc? It might be nice to get dressed and look good and go out for a coffee.

I hope you have a great time and do tell us all about it

Cindy

My first time in public as me was very scary but also very liberating. I had accepted myself and realised that I was Cindy and that I was happy being Cindy and that female was my true gender.
  •  

justmeinoz

I guess the first time appearing as a woman is, even for a Transsexual, a case of cross-dressing in a way. MtF or FtM.   Personally I think it is a perfectly reasonable expression of your style and personality. 

Women wearing what was regarded as "male attire" for generations is of no significance today.   I really can't see any valid reason that men should face any restrictions or social disapproval either, for their choice of clothes.

Outside of work safety it is irrelevant what you wear.  If safety is a concern, then everyone will look pretty much the same anyway, regardless of gender, wearing overalls etc.
It really is quite silly to even describe clothes as "male" or "female".  They are inanimate and have no sex or gender.  Go for it I say,(bearing in mind personal safety depending on where you live of course).

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Kimberley

As Nike says, Just Do It. Fact that your lady friend does makeup is a huge plus as she will make you look fabulous and will choose the right clothes for you. Being in a group with other women you will just blend in. Try to relax, I know thats easier said than done but believe me no one will be looking for you. Enjoy your night out and gives us the goss of how it went.
  •  

Genevieve Swann

Feeling somewhat hesitant in the beginning is normal. Just do it. Afterward you will find some other problems. You will find the first outing very exciting. Now you will find your wardrobe is not nearly large enough. You will need more clothes, shoes, jewelry, purses to match shoes, cosmetics.... shall I go on?

justmeinoz

Yes.  There will be shoes.  ;D
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Eva Marie

Quote from: justmeinoz on March 12, 2012, 05:35:49 AM
Yes.  There will be shoes.  ;D

Exactly - you will find that you suddenly need LOTS more shoes LOL.... the boy rule of 2-3 pairs of shoes just doesn't apply.
  •  

Jean510TV

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to Susan's and I am envious that you have a friend you confided in and she is willing to help. Being a closeted cross dresser I have always wanted to fully dress head to toe and learn how to walk in high heels. I am sure that is a challenge in itself lol. Good luck to you and just be yourself.

Hugs,

Jean
  •  

barbie

It will be a strange world you have never been.

In retrospect, entering that world has been exciting and stimulating for my life. Of course, I had to face some troubles and arguments, but it was like taking a roller coaster. Some people say I was very lucky, because any public cross-dressers may loose theirs job and spouse.

Nowadays, wearing heels and skirts in public is no longer so much stimulating and thrilling, but still enjoyable. It is a kind of proof of juvenility and health.

Good luck,

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Lavender

I would say that you need to weigh your fears, weigh your desire to cross-dress in public, see which one wins. I really hope you fight your fears. Fear is such a nasty thing to live with. I chose to be myself, and let others talk and think what they like.
  •  

Kaeren

For me at first, years ago, it was a fetish.  Now I just feel good like that. Women have so much more options to dress.  And it was what i was jealous about, already as a child.

However something strange also happened.  I realised that sometimes what I need most is the change. Being all the time dressed a s a woman is not my thing neither.  I have slept in panties sometimes.  But then when I wanted to wear them also during the day I was fed up with them.  I can only enjoy the women clothes to the fullest if before I was dressed differently.

It's like not being able to enjoy the day if you also didn't get the night.

You do are lucky to have a professional to do your make-up.
  •  

Eva Marie

You have an incredible advantage in that you have someone that is willing and qualified to help do your makeup and clothes. Most of us have to figure that out on our own.

You also have an advantage in that you have a group of girls to go out with, at night. This is the best possible situation that i could imagine.

The rest is up to you - you have to conquer your fears. Just do it.

I recently went out on my first time and it was terrifying.... for the first hour. Then i noticed that people were not pointing and staring and i was able to relax. It was a great evening that i'll remember forever. I'm sure that yours will be the same. Don't let your fears rob you of this experience.
  •