Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Cover Girl Clean Make Up

Started by Beth Andrea, April 19, 2012, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth Andrea

I've been trying to get my foundation/powder makeup good enough to wear to work, but haven't been too happy with it. So far, my face looks...well..."made up."   :(

A friend of mine gave me a bottle of Cover Girl Clean Makeup ("creamy beige"), and I think it's pretty good. Works with a single application, evens out the redness in my cheeks, chin etc but doesn't really 'stand out' like I'm wearing it.

Only thing I don't really like is the smell. Seems to have a bit of a "noxzema" smell to it, like menthol or eucalyptus. Does anyone know if it goes away, or what can I do to minimize/mask the smell?

Thanks!
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Shang

I don't know about Clean Makeup by Cover Girl, but I do use Cover Girl when I wear make-up.  I use Trublend.  It just has the normal make-up scent and it works so well and it doesn't "stand out" -- it just evens out the skin.

I'm not terribly certain how you would get the make-up you're describing from smelling bad. =/
  •  

Beth Andrea

Well, I've been wearing it now for about an hour, and the smell is gone. I just washed off half my face (to compare), and the smell came back, but just for a few seconds.

:)

I might try it out tomorrow at work...very subtle effect!  :)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

•  

Shang

Quote from: Beth Andrea on April 19, 2012, 09:17:55 PM
Well, I've been wearing it now for about an hour, and the smell is gone. I just washed off half my face (to compare), and the smell came back, but just for a few seconds.

I might try it out tomorrow at work...very subtle effect!  :)

:)  I hope it manages to go away.  You could always ask if someone else smells something funny without hinting at the possible source because people can't smell something that's constant after a minute or so, so getting someone else's input might be helpful.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Lynn Gabriel on April 19, 2012, 09:34:58 PM
:)  I hope it manages to go away.  You could always ask if someone else smells something funny without hinting at the possible source because people can't smell something that's constant after a minute or so, so getting someone else's input might be helpful.

I'm not so sure that's a good idea.  Whenever I hear that question, it's because someone has farted.
  •  

Cindy

It shouldn't smell, is it old?

And no Jamie I was not referring to your gastro problem :laugh:
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on April 20, 2012, 03:20:48 AM
It shouldn't smell, is it old?

And no Jamie I was not referring to your gastro problem :laugh:

>:-)
  •  

Cindy

"The Farting Statue" has a bit of class about it.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on April 20, 2012, 03:49:29 AM
"The Farting Statue" has a bit of class about it.

Let's try and maintain the slightest degree of decorum, shall we?

The Great Crepitation Contest of 1946
  •  

Cindy

OMG

I had never heard that!!!

I give in.

Decorum is totally shattered.

Dear Beth it's Jamie's fault for stealing your thread. She is a very naughty girl and we should all fart in her general direction.

Make-up, the thread was about make -up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  •  

Jamie D

The thread was about "smelly" makeup.

Thank god it wasn't about eau de toilette!

I avoid smelly situations whenever possible, especially in elevators.

(I'm bad.  I admit it, Auntie Cindy  ;) )

•  

Shang

Quote from: Jamie D on April 20, 2012, 02:33:02 AM
I'm not so sure that's a good idea.  Whenever I hear that question, it's because someone has farted.

Hahaha, hopefully she'd choose someone in a semi-professional area.  I generally have only heard that question where there was a scent that was unnerving, such as smoke or rubbing alcohol or gas (the kind for stoves).
  •  

Beth Andrea

LOL @ everyone...as long as diversionary comments add to the thread, it's ok.  And *LAUGHING* is rare enough, I'll take it whenever/wherever I find it.

Actually, it (the bottle) is old. It was unopened, but the person who gave it to me got it in a second-hand store (Goodwill or somesuch). The label is not the current one, but it's also not the one in a 1980's commercial I watched. So it might be years old.

I'm actually pleased with the product, except for the smell...think I'll go buy a fresh bottle.

•  

tekla

CG does have a slight smell, but for the money its' the best, you have to really spend 2x more to get better, so I put up with the smell, which, as you say, goes away after a few hours or so.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Annah

I love the covergirl clean make up. If you think the foundation has a smell to it...the powder smells like baby powder. Its not too bad considering the quality
  •  

Beth Andrea

Just got a new bottle (a slightly lighter shade; the counter lady said that what I had was very close, but "perhaps a shade or two lighter would be good.")

The new one has the same smell, same consistency, etc as the "old" one. They're both acceptable to me. I'll just have to get used to the odor. Who knows, maybe my sniffer is more sensitive than most.

It's big enough, it *better* have some use...LOL

•  

Beth Andrea

FYI...

Just checked the Cover Girl site, it says that the "Clean Makeup" is "enriched with eucalyptus."

So, the smell is supposed to be there...it also might explain the dreams I've been having as a Koala Bear.

•  

GhostTown11

Cover girl clean powder is the first makeup I ever used and to this day it's my favorite. The smell is a bit...medicinal but the coverage is good and I don't actually feel like I'm killing my pores. Also, it allows me to cover up some sun spots without feeling like I'm going o a drag show.
  •