Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Upper leg irritation

Started by shortNsweet, April 05, 2012, 07:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortNsweet

So last weekend I went and got my legs waxed and I absolutely LOVE them! But since they couldn't go up much higher than the mid-thigh (due to a certain evil thing in my pants) I had to shave the rest. I've noticed that as the day goes on, my upper thigh and bottom become very itchy and irritated.

Does anyone else have/had an issue like this? Is there a way I can help this?
  •  

JenJen2011

Are you using a shaving cream when you shave? I find that helps with irritation. Sometimes I feel a little itchy right after shaving and I use body lotion to relieve it.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Beverley

Quote from: shortNsweet on April 05, 2012, 07:23:08 PM
Does anyone else have/had an issue like this?

Yes.

That is why I do not shave body hair.

Is there a way I can help this?

Stop shaving. Ignore the evil thing and wax. After several months when everything has been waxed several times and the hairs are getting weak, then start epilating on a weekly basis.

•  

Jeneva

Quote from: Beverley on April 06, 2012, 02:21:01 PM
Yes.

That is why I do not shave body hair.

Stop shaving. Ignore the evil thing and wax. After several months when everything has been waxed several times and the hairs are getting weak, then start epilating on a weekly basis.
She isn't waxing herself.  Someone else is doing it so she can't expose herself. 

Having said that though can't you just tuck to keep it hidden?

Unfortunately I've always found that hair itches as it grows back, especially where clothing rubs it.  Sorry.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Beverley

Quote from: Jeneva on April 06, 2012, 02:29:49 PM
She isn't waxing herself.  Someone else is doing it so she can't expose herself. 

Oops! Now that you point that out, it is rather obvious... I do all my own waxing so I had a bit of a blind spot there.

Quote from: Jeneva on April 06, 2012, 02:29:49 PM
Having said that though can't you just tuck to keep it hidden?

I agree - or wear Y-fronts which would keep 'it' in the pouch. The alternative is buy wax strips and self wax that area.

•  

shortNsweet

I tried to wax myself one time and I had problems. Maybe I'll try to find a place that actually could do it for me.
  •  

JenJen2011

If it makes you feel any more comfortable, maybe you can call and explain your situation so that the person doing the waxing is aware. Because no amount of tucking will completely flatten the area and if they're doing your bikini line, they'll notice.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Beverley

Quote from: shortNsweet on April 06, 2012, 02:52:36 PM
I tried to wax myself one time and I had problems. Maybe I'll try to find a place that actually could do it for me.

Most waxing parlours I know of are OK with intimate waxing so long as they know it is what is needed - just ask when booking. When it comes to personal services like waxing, many salons have already 'seen it all'. I know some pre-op girls who regularly get a full body wax.
  •  

~Nikki59~

My upper legs are the same way too sometimes, and I use a product called Tend Skin if they're bothering me and that takes care of it. It's awesome stuff.
  •  

Jamie D

So last weekend I went and got my legs waxed and I absolutely LOVE them! But since they couldn't go up much higher than the mid-thigh (due to a certain evil thing in my pants) I had to shave the rest. I've noticed that as the day goes on, my upper thigh and bottom become very itchy and irritated.

Does anyone else have/had an issue like this? Is there a way I can help this?

Did you shave your butt?

If not, than shaving irritation is not a factor.  Have you used a new skin lotion, perhaps?

Or are you using a new washing detergent (which may cause dermatitis)?
  •  

chrishoney

The red bumps and irritated follicles are really small, superficial infections right around the hair follicle.

Try this method:  use hair conditioner instead of shaving lotion. It works WAY better, and you can use the cheapest stuff you can get your hands on (I used to be able to get White Rain brand for $.99/20 oz bottle! Worked fantastically.) Smear the conditioner on WITHOUT wetting the skin. Shave as usual. If you are doing large areas (your entire  leg perhaps) and the conditioner seems to be drying out, I found a tiny bit of water makes it super slippery again. And you can go over an area with the razor several times and it stays slippery.

To keep the irritation/infections away, use an anti-bacterial deodorant on the tops of your thighs (works great for the genital area as well). I typically use an unscented gel type deodorant and literally just smear that all over the tops of my thighs. No red bumps, no irritation, problem solved. Works anywhere you shave (haven't tried it on my face, but then I don't get irritation after shaving there anyway.)

But don't believe me, give it a shot the next time you shave that area.
I believe in nothing; everything is sacred.
I believe in everything; nothing is sacred. (The Chink, in "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues")
Embrace the chaos.
  •