Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

My voice surgery result at 3 months

Started by Eve87, May 07, 2012, 09:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A

Bah, not the end of the world. It's like that here too, and in many, many places, actually. I'm just glad I can change the marker eventually. Just feels sort of weird that I can change my name to a female one with just a letter, but not the marker... Ah, well, things will come in time, I guess.

I'm not saying I agree, but I guess that in a place where SRS is free, it is somewhat understandable to hold the point of view that "if you don't wish to undergo the surgery, you can't be that female, after all". I guess it sort of means that they recognise pure transsexualism, but not other forms of transgenderism.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Jamie D

To my ear, Eve, the voice is feminine, though a little bit hoarse.

And as you said, you still have healing to do.

Congratulations!  :)

BTW - Your English is very good.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Annah on May 08, 2012, 10:39:08 AM
Resonance is a good thing.

You have female resonance and you have male resonance. You have to train your voice towards female resonance. If you had no resonance you would sound like the computer from "War Games."

I described it here on my voice video:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0qZWSG8g5JD

That's my voice after a couple lessons with Kathe Perez and the rest was self taught. I think when it was said and done, I invested 55 dollars in my voice.

I saw your YouTube videos with Ms. Perez.  They are quite instructive.
  •  

JJ

Your voice sounds great, 100% female  8)
  •  

mementomori

is it best to do voice surgery and a trachael save at the same time? or seperately or doesnt it matter ?
  •  

A

I think it's better to have it done at the same time. A CTA is just holding the cartillage in a new place. I'd guess it would make things messy if they had to cut through it but try to keep the stitches intact. Inversely, if they shave through it then want to attach stitches, it isn't impossible that they would render their job harder by exaggerating the sahve, rendering the stitches hard to fixate...

Plus, if it's possible to do them at once, I think it's best to do so. It's probably cheaper and gives less scars, too.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

mementomori

Quote from: A on May 12, 2012, 09:55:29 PM
I think it's better to have it done at the same time. A CTA is just holding the cartillage in a new place. I'd guess it would make things messy if they had to cut through it but try to keep the stitches intact. Inversely, if they shave through it then want to attach stitches, it isn't impossible that they would render their job harder by exaggerating the sahve, rendering the stitches hard to fixate...

Plus, if it's possible to do them at once, I think it's best to do so. It's probably cheaper and gives less scars, too.

im getting FFS next year and i have a visible adams apple but its small , its making me contemplate if i should just leave having a trachael shave for later on incase i decide to have voice surgery
  •  

A

Uhm, in that case, I think you should do the tracheal shave with the FFS, since it's sure your Adam's apple won't disappear, whereas there are good chances that you will be able to make your voice better without surgery, even if you need expensive therapy (less than surgery still).

Maybe contact a voice surgeon and ask if a tracheal shave can affect their work negatively. Maybe it doesn't have the slightest consequence.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Eve87

I had a trach shave with the CTA. I didn't even have a noticable adam's apple but I remember reading or hearing (so not 100% sure) that as the CTA moves things around it could actually press it firmer against the front of your throat... making it worse.
I asked the surgeon if she could combine a trach shave just in case. She had a look and said it wouldn't be necessary but I insisted a little out of fear of the above and she said sure because she's a really cool lady. It's the same incision.

It's possible that a trach shave would be harder after a CTA and it's possible that a CTA would be harder after a trach shave. I have no idea, sorry.
  •  

Jenny_B_Good

Eve,

Thanks for your reply- it was very informative! I'll look into it.
ps.. sorry for late reply, I have no internet where I'm at.

In regards to anyone having trouble playing audio or video - VCL  - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ 
This will play anything!! Windows or Linux

Love

Jennifer

OXOXOXOX
-       The longest journey a human must take, is the eighteen inches from their head to their heart    -
  •  

Maja.V

Hearing the results of the surgery, I so want to have one now.

jenn90210

wow girl i really like your new voice! it sounds very natural to me, i kinda envy you lol
i might need to consider voice surgery too, voice is like one of the most important things.
what's your first language by the way? your english is very good  :)

Nicole
xoxo

HRT - April 16, 2012
Full Time - January 8, 2013
BA & Body Feminization - Dr. Suarez - Oct 5, 2013
VFS - Dr. Kim - March 18, 2014

FFS - Dr. DiMaggio - December 11, 2014
  •