Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Did your marriage survive transition?

Started by suzifrommd, March 22, 2016, 08:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For married transitioners, did your marriage survive transition?

Yes
No
I didn't transition while married, but I want to see the results

suzifrommd

For people who were married when you started your transition, were you able to stay married throughout your transition?
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

SophiaBleu

I didn't vote because there isn't a category for those of us trying while transitioning.  Me and SO are trying, but it took her 5 years to get to this point. :( :o ;)
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

Denise

Five months from coming out, 1 week on Spiro.  So far still together.  We are becoming more friends than lovers.  There are the occasional benefits but greatly reduced.

She is not comfortable seeing me in skirts and dresses, so I don't.  I suspect I'll end up in the other bedroom when the estradiol kicks in.
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Veronica-Lynn

Yes. Being with someone who's as open-minded and honest as I am allows us to be who we feel we are.
xoxo Vicky
  •  

2.B.Dana

Actually I moved out of the house to my own place this past Sunday. 11 months after I came out to my wife. We tried many different avenues of staying together but we couldn't find one that seemed to work. We are not divorcing till later this year to give it time to see if we can get back together and live as friends. We are still the best of friends and text frequently throughout the day. This has been a multi year process and has worn her down to nothing emotionally. We didn't have a name for it for a long time and once we did it seemed to continue downward faster. Considering everything, she has been amazingly supportive but we had to get apart so we can heal. I also had a hard time letting my full female side out while in husband/father mode. The story continues to be written.
Cheers,

Dana

•  

DawnOday

So far so good. As long as I keep researching the subject and explaining the intricacies of the situation to her she is good. We both rely on each other as we are both disabled. My children have also stood by me. I have physically changed somewhat. But like they said. You have always been Dad. You will always be Dad with a different name. I can live with that.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Faith

I'd love to answer a resounding YES, which does cover to this day. Next week, next year, next 10 years. Those are up for grabs in any relationship. You have to work for it ... while enjoying each other as well, of course. Otherwise what's the point :P
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

RobynTx

Mine has so far.  It's been 7 months since I came out to her and she has stayed by my side.  She is getting more comfortable with everything.  At first the little things freaked her out but she is getting used to it.  Oh god, I've corrupted her. :)

•  

Denise

Nope.  I knew from day one it was over.  I was delusional in thinking otherwise.

Time to move on.  We both have happily I think.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Jessica

I'm not sure how to answer.  I'm not through transitioning.  I talked to my wife about it 8 months ago and she has been with me giving me support.  We just signed for a big loan together, so I believe we are fine.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KathyLauren

Yes.  Within two minutes of coming out to her, she said the magic words: "Whatever you decide to do, I will support you."   Wow!  If anything, we are closer together.

She found it odd to become a lesbian through no choice of her own, but she has fun with it.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Yes here, we have been together now for over 35 years, I've medically / socially transitioned since 2010 and we are still together doing what we've always done, supporting each other and our family. It's not always been easy, and the relationship has evolved...we are more like sisters today. Love, honesty, and devotion to each other are unyielding.....

Cynthia -
  •  

NatalieRene

I was never married. Before transitioning I was a complete screw up on a personal level.
  •