Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Quick! When was the last time you had french fries?

Started by Tracey, June 15, 2012, 06:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Sarah

Serves yourself right you silly bugga, for not slipping out to your Coles express at lunch time to buy tonights dinner.

Hope it was hot and enjoyable. Not necessarily in that order.  And that your Loins didn't get Girded too much. Can be quite damaging to them in this weather.

Bon appetite

Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Felix

Quote from: V M on June 19, 2012, 03:30:28 AM
Two easy ways to make waffle fries at home...

Y'know, this didn't even cross my mind. Frozen potatoes are probably not expensive, even if they are cut like that. Omnomnom. Need waffle fries nao.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

justmeinoz

This evening when the Uni Philosophy Club held it's weekly meeting at Metz restaurant.  Four of us shared a large bowl of chips, and Garlic Aioli and Tomato Sauce on the side. As well as a BBQ Chicken pizza and several jugs of beer. 
Existentialists like Sartre' spent a lot of time in cafe's, no doubt with a glass of wine, and the Greeks were wine drinkers.  Not to mention the Germans and beer.     
It seems to go with the territory.  I like Philosophy!  ;D

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Bexi

Quote from: Cindy James on June 19, 2012, 05:10:28 AM
Bugga.

Going out and buying chicken, chips, peas and gravy.

Into a cold and miserable night, i will brave the elements and boldly go forward with sincerity and good cheer.

Farewell world I my not return.

Loins get Girded.

Cold weather gear to the fore.

Goddess it's 7 pm and the temp has plummeted to 15C

I hate winter but I'm brave.
15c? We call that summer in Scotland!  :'(
X
Sometimes you have to trust people to understand you are not perfect
  •  

Elizabeth K

Mine or the person's fries across the table?

As a diabetic I usually avoid starches, or at worse, limit myself to a fry or two max!  And I avoid red meat so no hamburgers usually.

In Louisiana you eat them with Louisiana Hot Sauce, not Catsup.  But NOLA is a city of rice - not potatoes so much

Still - good for the palate, bad for the body!

Quick! When was the last time you had french fries?  Maybe two weeks ago?

Lizzy

•  

Ms. OBrien CVT

How about right now!  Sweet potato fries.  Got love 'em.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Michael Joseph

for lunch. i work in a pizza place and fries are always so quick and easy to make, its not a good thing

Felix

Quote from: Ms. OBrien on June 20, 2012, 06:25:08 PM
How about right now!  Sweet potato fries.  Got love 'em.
Having these and veggie burgers for dinner today. :)
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

V M

I'm putting some fries in my 'Calif.' burrito tonight  :)   Of coarse there are a few to eat by themselves as well
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Bexi on June 20, 2012, 10:44:58 AM
15c? We call that summer in Scotland!  :'(
X

There were several reasons I emigrated from Liverpool. The UK weather was one. I find it very amusing when I look at the world temps and I'm freezing in Adelaide at a higher temp than summer in the UK.  We have just had our coldest and wettest day for seven years at 13 C.  I was having serious thoughts of not getting out of bed. Hibernation seemed to be sensible.

At the last Olympics there was lots of discussion on athletes overheating. I think think problem in London will be if they freeze.

Give me 35C. just nice.

Hugs and shivers

Cindy

•