Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Work Transition

Started by Cute Ida, June 03, 2012, 10:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cute Ida

Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I've posted. I have some very good news to share. I am going to be allowed to transition at work. I am male to female. All I have to do is present as male at work while my hair grows out until this coming October then I will be able to go full time as a woman. I am very passable, even without makeup. I had been so worried about transitioning at work but now I have no worries. Originally I had talked to someone at work in March who is not my supervisor nor my supervisor's supervisor but she is the final say on who is hired, fired ect....I had been having a bad day and I had told her the next day that the bad day was over but I was still struggling with a personal issue. She wanted me to tell her. So I told her in private. She took it better than I thought. She was very understanding. She hadn't encountered it directly herself but she told me we'd get through it together. She even told me that she has a sister that is a lesbian. That's probably why she was so understanding. A little over a month later we both told my supervisor and a week after that the others that see me on a regular basis(some leave during the summer). They all were supportive and understanding. The woman I had originally talked to said that my current work environment is the perfect place to transition due to the unique set of people I work with. My parents don't accept me being trans. They think my job will fire me for being trans. Little do they know that reality is to the contrary. I have not told my parents of my good news at work. I plan to transition and then after work the first day as a woman tell my parents to show that I have proved them wrong. I might even have a future girlfriend who is also another male to female non-op like me. We've met in person a few times, but our schedules don't always work out but we try to keep in contact. It seems like I've got everything going for me now. I just had to tell someone I haven't told already and I really wanted to share this with everyone else out there that is trans. Any and all comments are welcome.

Ida 
  •  

Alice-blossom

This is such great news! I wish the best for you, and hope the remainder of your transition is just as smooth. ^u^
  •  

jainie marlena

coming out at work was scary at first but I love it now.