News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I have been getting national attention.

Started by BabyemoAshley, June 06, 2012, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyemoAshley

This was my CNN interview from this morning

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/06/army-regulation-transgenders-medically-unfit/

And this is my spot on the local Minnesota news

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/06/03/a-brave-transition-by-a-minn-soldier/

I see no reason why I cannot be fit for duty after SRS, since I already have completed six years while "broken"

•  

BabyemoAshley

I will also be on CNN 830 central time tomorrow morning
  •  

Jamie D

Thank you for your service, Ashley. 
I am glad you are highlighting this regrettable policy.
  •  

Bexi

Firstly, thanks for the service. Its a hell of a job at the best of times, but being trapped in the wrong body too must have been really difficult. Im glad you're happy now  :)

Secondly, I can't understand why you can't serve out the remainder of your sentence. You know the same stuff as before, haven't changed mentally apart from being happier. Strange  :-\

But keep up the fight and keep believing. All the best
X
Sometimes you have to trust people to understand you are not perfect
  •  

Amazon D

As a veteran myself who is post op 14 yrs i wanted to rejoin when the war in iraq happened but i knew not to even try. Thanks for your great positive exposure. Your doing a wonderful thing for us all.

Oh i am vietnam era USMC mos 6075
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Joelene9

Thank you for your service, Ashley.  I served 4 years in the US Navy during the Vietnam war.  My GID anxiety reemerging was one of the reasons I did not re-up.  I had to put up with this for a long while. 
  Joelene
  •  

Penny Gurl

First and foremost THANK YOU for serving our country.  Nearly my entire family has been in the armed forces and I have a huge respect for those with the dedication to put themselves on the line for others.  I think that you and and any other trans person should have the right to serve, post or pre.. or non op for that matter.  Basically my view is the military should just get out of everyone's "pants" because no matter what gender it takes real stones to step up to the line and serve.  I understand that you're in Minneapolis, I lived other there for a few years and I pass through from time to time.  Next time I'll  be thinking of you and how you have the courage to stand up for not only yourself but others  I wish you luck on your battle!  I'll let you know next time I'm going through the twin cities.
"My dad and I used to be pretty tight. The sad truth is, my breasts have come between us."

~Angela~
My So-Called Life
  •  

Cindy

Good on you Ashley.

You were totally awesome, and I'm waiting to hear the replies with interest.

From an Australian I would also like to thank you for your service in the armed service of the USA. I don't often agree with the political agenda of the USA in how they use the armed services. But I have total respect for the men and woman who serve to protect their country and help to protect mine.

Cindy
  •  

justmeinoz

I come from an Army family, and would like to say thanks to all those serving in uniform helping to keep the free countries of the world just that.   
It should just be a case of meeting the physical standards for a female recruit.

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

CryssL

Thank you for your service, Ashley.  What you are fighting for is both monumental and admirable, but above all, equal and right.  As I'm sure you already know, you have many supporters behind you on this, including myself.  It takes massive amounts of bravery and determination to push for what you're pushing for; you should be proud of yourself, no matter what happens :) Stay awesome.
  •  

peky

Two words come to mind when I think of you: a "Patriot" and a "Trail Blazer." All the best with you cause, just do not let it consume you all.

Peky

PS You have beautiful eyes
  •