Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Tell us something we don't know

Started by togetherwecan, April 05, 2007, 09:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundra

I broke my foot at work and have been walking around on it for two weeks.

It's a butch thang.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Thundra on May 31, 2007, 11:30:35 PM
I broke my foot at work and have been walking around on it for two weeks.

It's a butch thang.

Huh? ??? why would you do something like that, Thundra?  What if you develop an infection and they have to amputate your foot?  Get to a doctor STAT please and have it checked.

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Thundra

OK Mom.  ;D ;D ;)

You have to realize, I supervize a group of young men, and unless I show extreme toughness, they neither respect nor respond to me. Now that everyone knows that I do in fact have a broken bone in my foot, and I worked anyway, neither missing a day, nor asking for sympathy, they are showing respect for my ability to work thru the pain.

If you work in the world of men, than you have to compete head to head, and only the toughest win out. Sure, I wish that I had an office job, but I don't have the education or smarts for that kind of work, so this is my life. Another butch would understand.

In the family I was raised into, you did not see a doctor or seek medical help, or miss work unless you were dead or dying. It was simply not allowed.
  •  

Pica Pica

•  

Christo

31 days & countin baby  whoooohooooo :laugh: :icon_dance:
  •  

katia

To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered. - Voltaire

•  

Christo

Quote from: Tink on June 08, 2007, 10:09:15 PM

Actually, it is 26 days as of today.  Yeah, I'm also counting....LOL ;D ;) :P

hehheheh :laugh: my princes.. I <3 U  where u at?  :laugh:
  •  

Yvonne

I'll be in a photo shoot in Palma de Mayorca, Spain for the next two weeks.  Tee-heeee.  I love Palma!  Delicious food and great people. :)
  •  

Jeannette

•  

Nero

My mouth (or keyboard) always gets me in trouble.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Thundra

I prefer the company of my cat over people.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Thundra on June 09, 2007, 06:30:58 PM
I prefer the company of my cat over people.

I do too to tell you the truth, but that will have to change pretty soon....  ;D  Do you know what I mean?  I'm sure you do.  ;)

•  

Thundra

QuoteDo you know what I mean?  I'm sure you do. 

Ahhh, yes, I know where you at, and so does most everyone else. But the question is are you ready for where you is about to be?  Hmmmm?  LOL.

Just remember to tell yourself this love. Happiness does not need to be earned -- you deserve it just for being who you are.
Oooooo, I was bad, I broke the string. OK.

Ummm, I tried to sell my soul and nobody wanted it.  :'( :'( :'(
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Thundra on June 10, 2007, 01:53:52 AM
QuoteDo you know what I mean?  I'm sure you do. 

Ahhh, yes, I know where you at, and so does most everyone else. But the question is are you ready for where you is about to be?  Hmmmm?  LOL.

LOL  ;D  No! does it matter? do most people know where they are going?  We'll just see.  We can't know if we don't try, correct?

Ok back to topic:  My kitties have a dental appointment today.  Wish me luck. :)

•  

katia

selegne and i decided to get a guinea pig as a pet.  he's so cute.

tink:  photo in disguise? ;)
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Katia on June 10, 2007, 04:58:59 PM
selegne and i decided to get a guinea pig as a pet.  he's so cute.

How adorable!  what kind is it?  Pictures please!

Quote from: Katia on June 10, 2007, 04:58:59 PM

tink:  photo in disguise? ;)

;)

•  

Thundra

I had a friend call me yesterday, and I could not bring myself to answer the phone because I am so ga-ga for her. She scares the hell out of me.

Tink, how are your kitters?  OK?
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Thundra on June 11, 2007, 09:19:24 PM

Tink, how are your kitters?  OK?

Yes, they are fine, Thundra.  Survived their dental appointment, but it was a real pain on the neck to take the four of them.  Oh well, it's over now. :)

•  

Thundra

QuoteSurvived their dental appointment, but it was a real pain on the neck to take the four of them.  Oh well, it's over now.

Oh my, oh my, my, my!  You get the goodest mommy star fer sure! halleleuah!   :eusa_pray: :eusa_clap: :icon_clap: :icon_joy:

I found out today that I really messed up my foot, and will be off of my feet for another month. My boss is pretty darned unhappy.  :-\
  •  

Pica Pica

I bet most people didn't know that Nutella was invented as a way of making chocolate last longer, and was made spreadable to stop kids throwin the bread away and just eating the chocolate.
  •