Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

BBQ for Fathers day!

Started by GhostTown11, June 17, 2012, 03:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostTown11

Alright so my gramps decided to cheer us sadsacks up with a good old fashioned BBQ and invited the neighbors!

We're having steak, hotdogs, and hamburgers with portabella mushrooms and some secret sauce (mayo and ketchup). Yum :D

But everyone is drinking chilled coronas with a slice of lemon and I have to have this crap

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/lecoeurdegrey/?action=view&current=becks_non_alcoholic.jpg
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Erin_Grey on June 17, 2012, 03:54:05 PM
Alright so my gramps decided to cheer us sadsacks up with a good old fashioned BBQ and invited the neighbors!

We're having steak, hotdogs, and hamburgers with portabella mushrooms and some secret sauce (mayo and ketchup). Yum :D

But everyone is drinking chilled coronas with a slice of lemon and I have to have this crap

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r567/lecoeurdegrey/?action=view&current=becks_non_alcoholic.jpg

Corona is swill.  No good beer comes in a clear bottle.

You're better off with the carbs the non-alcoholic beer has, than some skunky pisswater and lemon.
  •  

GhostTown11

"Skunky pisswater"--Lmao remind me not to get you pissed off :D

and you just dissed my beer Jamie, it's totally on:P

But yes, I need those carbs.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Erin_Grey on June 17, 2012, 04:32:58 PM
"Skunky pisswater"--Lmao remind me not to get you pissed off :D

and you just dissed my beer Jamie, it's totally on:P

But yes, I need those carbs.

Even though you are not yet 21 yo, let me clue you in on the basics.

Sunlight negatively effects beer.  It causes a chemical, 3-methylbut-2-ene-1-thiol, to form from a photochemical reaction.

You know why people began drinking Corona, and other beers in clear bottles, with a lemon or lime??  To cover up the skunky taste.

Green bottles are better than clear.  Brown bottles are better yet.

And look for the manufactured date.  And store it cold.
  •  

GhostTown11

So I've been drinking pisswater all this time?! I feel betrayed by Corona Inc.  >:(

What about Bud that comes in a can? Would that do alright?
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Erin_Grey on June 17, 2012, 04:49:17 PM
So I've been drinking pisswater all this time?! I feel betrayed by Corona Inc.  >:(

What about Bud that comes in a can? Would that do alright?

Canned beer?

•  

GhostTown11

Canned Budweiser + Marlboro Reds darlin'. I'm proud of my trashy roots :icon_cool:
  •  

Devlyn

I'm calling Shenanigans, this is a beer thread, it has nothing to do with BBQ! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Alexis

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on June 17, 2012, 07:21:05 PM
I'm calling Shenanigans, this is a beer thread, it has nothing to do with BBQ! Hugs, Devlyn
Everybody grab a broom! :D
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Alexis on June 17, 2012, 09:03:06 PM
Everybody grab a broom! :D

Why? Is there a leak in the beer keg .... err BBQ, whatever this thread is hiding and a front for. I'm not THAT stupid you know. (Promise?) It's not even Father's Day in Oz.

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

GhostTown11

It's a non alcoholic beer keg. Help yourself :p
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on June 17, 2012, 10:16:30 PM
Why? Is there a leak in the beer keg .... err BBQ, whatever this thread is hiding and a front for. I'm not THAT stupid you know. (Promise?) It's not even Father's Day in Oz.

Huggs
Catherine

Just to bring some religion into the topic, we Aussies don't have father's day, as most of us are conceived by miraculous deception.
  •  

Alexis

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on June 17, 2012, 10:16:30 PM

Huggs
Catherine
Sorry :icon_ashamed:, Devlyn's post immediately made me think of it. It was an old reference to South Park from declaring shenanigans. I know...I'm crazy.
http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:150844
Sorry for bringing this thread even further away from BBQ/Grilling Erin :)
  •  

GhostTown11

I seriously don't mind. I finished eating over twelve hours ago lol.
  •