Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous darling" thread. 2

Started by Nero, June 24, 2012, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

I am guessing Tygra? But you would be Tygress :) although his name works for both male or female lol

•  

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: Michelle G on February 18, 2013, 11:00:09 AM
Miss Maid, you always look so cute no matter how your hair is :)

My hair was short as yours but I haven't had it cut in a little over a year now, I'm so happy it's finally long enough to do something with!
Hang in there! You are adorably cute and shouldn't worry to much....we see you differently than you see yourself :)

Awww  :D thanks Michelle!
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Rowan Rue

Quote from: EmeraldPerpugilliam on February 18, 2013, 11:46:44 AM
I am guessing Tygra? But you would be Tygress :) although his name works for both male or female lol

Yeah probably, although it was really more of an afterthought repost to the mean mean flock of seagulls comment ;)  Perhaps today I will try for Wilykit!

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

Well Wilykit does like to run......run so far away! :P Sorry couldn't resist.

•  

michelle666

Quote from: Rowan Rue on February 17, 2013, 10:15:00 PM
I found the best hair product ever this week, and I made myself a new Kimono (it's polar fleece so it's super warm and snuggly)
Here's proof of both these things via my being a total goof this morning.

P.s.  My hair held that style for seven hours today without my needing to touch it.
Here's the product, it's from Japan and called Gatsby.

Love the hairdo! What is the consistency of the guarantee stuff? It doesn't look like it made your hair stiff or waxy. It looks real soft.
  •  

Rowan Rue

Quote from: michelle666 on February 18, 2013, 01:06:48 PM
Love the hairdo! What is the consistency of the guarantee stuff? It doesn't look like it made your hair stiff or waxy. It looks real soft.

it's hard to explain, but you need very little of the stuff.  It's more like glue than wax and yes, it's not heavy in the hair.  it's a very light, flexible yet strong hold.

For longer hair I'd take a look at Lucido-L http://www.lucido-l.sg/index.html Which is from the same company (the Gatsby wax is technically their mens line but it has a light slightly fruit scented fragrance to it so it's perfect for anyone with shorter hair.

•  

natastic

•  

Rowan Rue

Aww, thanks Nat *blush*  I checked out your band by the way, you're really good :)

•  

Ultimus

Quote from: Rowan Rue on February 17, 2013, 10:15:00 PM
I found the best hair product ever this week, and I made myself a new Kimono (it's polar fleece so it's super warm and snuggly)
Here's proof of both these things via my being a total goof this morning.

P.s.  My hair held that style for seven hours today without my needing to touch it.
Here's the product, it's from Japan and called Gatsby.

Wow, did you really start in your 30's? You look incredible!
  •  

Rowan Rue

Quote from: Ultimus on February 18, 2013, 05:40:17 PM
Wow, did you really start in your 30's? You look incredible!
Yup, I started hormones last year, I'll be 33 in march.
And thanks, that's sweet of you to say :)

•  

carol_w

Miss Maid, you look better without the wig, IMO.  I can't put my finger on it - just more "you".  And don't worry, it will grow out. 
  •  

Jay-Bird

Quote from: MaidofOrleans on February 17, 2013, 05:01:11 PM
Coming up on five months next week! w00t!

Tossed the wig! I HATE IT!!! :P I know my hair looks bad but it's what I got  :-\

Also my bum and hips got bigger because my jeans are too tight now but my weight has gone down. Looks like i'm buying new ones. Warning for those who buy too many clothes before HRT.

Hey MaidofOrleans, I think you look pretty either way, wig or no wig :)
haha to true about buying clothes, I made the same mistake, didn't believe how big my but and hips would get.

Without sleep there are no dreams, Without dreams we fall apart at the seams
  •  

Keaira

Rowan, I love your hair. It's a unique look. Very much an anime look too. Speaking of hair, I had a hair cut today. I had a lot of length cut off. I'll post pics tomorrow when I feel presentable.
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: Jay-Bird on February 18, 2013, 11:22:42 PM
Hey MaidofOrleans, I think you look pretty either way, wig or no wig :)
haha to true about buying clothes, I made the same mistake, didn't believe how big my but and hips would get.

Thanks JB!

I think I'm going to be going simple on clothes until things settle down a bit on the body shape side. I kinda splurged after I came out and now a lot of the stuff doesn't fit!
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

natastic

Quote from: Rowan Rue on February 18, 2013, 02:24:32 PM
Aww, thanks Nat *blush*  I checked out your band by the way, you're really good :)

•  

K Style Addiction

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain, I like watchin' the puddles gather rain.

Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Hi Donna,
     Although I've been a member for a few years I've had very few posts. But I remember your photos and you're prettier all the time! All the girls I've seen on this thread are pretty and more than passable, (except mine, apparently). I haven't been on more than about ten pages of this particular thread, but I wish I would have started transitioning at 17 or 27, a very far cry from the ripe old age of 57, which is when I started. I'm happy for and proud of all of you. By the way, could someone tell me how to paste my own 'Ticker Factory' progress calendar thingie? It took me a while to be able to put up an avatar, the "Before and After" thread and the six pics here day before yesterday. I'm missing a few plug-ins on this computer, so I went downstairs and had no trouble. I'm really beginning to enjoy this site, so please, humor me a bit while I find my way around. Hugs, Miranda
These three years have been the best of my entire life
ones I've been able to live without lying
and the only time I've had since the age of twelve
I haven't constantly thought about dying

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Miranda Elizabeth on February 19, 2013, 10:43:28 PM
Hi Donna,
     Although I've been a member for a few years I've had very few posts. But I remember your photos and you're prettier all the time! All the girls I've seen on this thread are pretty and more than passable, (except mine, apparently). I haven't been on more than about ten pages of this particular thread, but I wish I would have started transitioning at 17 or 27, a very far cry from the ripe old age of 57, which is when I started. I'm happy for and proud of all of you. By the way, could someone tell me how to paste my own 'Ticker Factory' progress calendar thingie? It took me a while to be able to put up an avatar, the "Before and After" thread and the six pics here day before yesterday. I'm missing a few plug-ins on this computer, so I went downstairs and had no trouble. I'm really beginning to enjoy this site, so please, humor me a bit while I find my way around. Hugs, Miranda

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."
I'm in my mid-50s, Cindy James just turned 60.  We older members have a certain panache the younger members have not yet developed!  And you are fab, darling.

Go to tickerfactory.com
Choose your design and parameters
When completed copy the link
Open up modify profile and click on forum profile
Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see signature
In the box, enter the copied link
The format will look something like this (open in "quote" and look):

Note: Stolen from MaidofOrleans

•  

Kayla

Hi Donna,

I started transitioning at 22 and even I wish I had started younger. I look at those transitioning teens with such jealousy. I've noticed it's kind of a trend to wish to begin earlier; it affects a lot of us. The most important thing, though, is that you're out & happy. All other things, age included, are trivial.
  •  

anya921

I wish I would have started transitioning at 17 or 27, a very far cry from the ripe old age of 57, which is when I started. 

wow.... I would have never guessed you started at 57. You look really beautiful.

Quote from: Kayla on February 20, 2013, 03:34:29 AM
I started transitioning at 22 and even I wish I had started younger.

I started at 27 and I wonder how it would have been if I started at 22. I think this is something most of the girls have
  •