Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

School Reunion - Yes or No

Started by Catherine Sarah, June 28, 2012, 11:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do I go to my school reunion in September

Yes
14 (66.7%)
No
11 (52.4%)
Undecided
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 06, 2012, 11:51:23 AM

Catherine Sarah

Anyone even seen heading for a calculator, or with a pencil in their hand in order to calculate my age, will be severely dealt with, reprimanded and have their membership privileges withdrawn.

*sigh*  alright, alright, go to my profile, you'll see my age. .... There ! Happy?

So I'm not 37.  I certainly feel 37, and WII said I had the biological age of a 37 Year old. Who am I to argue?  :laugh:   :laugh:

Well another big reunion is being planned for the class of 68. Yes! 1968. When I graduated. not 2068 OR 1868.

Since the big 40th back in 2008 some of the guys thought it would be a good idea to get together more frequently, and as it's the College's 75th anniversary, the invite has gone out with a rally to the cause. So everyone (that's still alive) is expected to front.

There is absolutely NO WAY I will attend as the former student I was. Catherine will be attending if I go.

The major problem I have is, I have no way of alerting the possible attendees to my recent changes. Given the fact that they are all over 60, and some were looking quite frail 5 years ago, I don't want to be responsible for any medical complications that may/may not evolve on the night.

So, do I go, or not?

Thank you in advance

Be safe, well and happy
Lotsa huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on June 28, 2012, 11:51:23 AM
The major problem I have is, I have no way of alerting the possible attendees to my recent changes. Given the fact that they are all over 60, and some were looking quite frail 5 years ago, I don't want to be responsible for any medical complications that may/may not evolve on the night.

Well, I know you're drop-dead gorgeous, but I don't think that will be literal on the night.

I really just have one question: Do you want to go?

If so, then go as yourself if that makes you happy. Life's too short for hiding your light under a bushel.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Sephirah on June 28, 2012, 11:57:28 AM
Well, I know you're drop-dead gorgeous,

:embarrassed: :embarrassed:  * BLUSH , BLUSH
Quote from: Sephirah on June 28, 2012, 11:57:28 AM
I really just have one question: Do you want to go?

Yes I do Sephirah. I really do. And NOT for the shock value. They are a great bunch of guys. I spent 10 years as a young boy with most of them. They are still family as far as I'm concerned, although we may be spread far and wide. (Metaphysically as well as metaphorically)

I just don't want to shock any of them. But I guess, these reunions are always a shock; particularly when the list of those never attending again is read out.

Thank you

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

suzifrommd

Nobody's gonna' drop dead because they find out you're trans. On the other hand a bunch of old guys with a hot girl in the middle, that could be problem...  :laugh:

Who is organizing this? Can you get an address list and send a friendly postcard? Not an "announcement per se, just a friendly greeting. Something like, "Am living in Sydney now with my trusty Terrier Spot. Got a promotion two years ago. Came out as a woman. Oh, and I bought a new IPad."
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Pica Pica

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on June 28, 2012, 12:27:48 PM
Yes I do Sephirah. I really do. And NOT for the shock value. They are a great bunch of guys. I spent 10 years as a young boy with most of them. They are still family as far as I'm concerned, although we may be spread far and wide. (Metaphysically as well as metaphorically)

Definitely go. Family are family, even when they are not, you know, Family.

Chances are some people will tell you they knew all along.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on June 28, 2012, 11:51:23 AM
There is absolutely NO WAY I will attend as the former student I was. Catherine will be attending if I go.

So, do I go, or not?

"Knock 'em dead, sweetheart."
  •  

Joelene9

No, my 40th was last year.  I didn't attend because of the very few that knew me.  I was an outcast back then.  My class website has me listed, but not my picture.  I could not afford the picture taken by a contract photog, thus it was not in the yearbook.  I did not recognize too many people in there.  But in my ship's cruisebook two years later, I remembered everybody in my unit picture, what they did, what shift, which squadron or ship's company, and where they were from!  The Navy was nice to me.
  Joelene
  •  

Devlyn

If I thought I could give them heart attacks, I'd wear fishnet stockings! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I would love too.  However I am a long way away from Michigan, where I graduated from.  Most of my old classmates know I am now a woman.  It would be nice to go to a reunion one year.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

MariaMx

I would never ever go to anything like that. Answering questions that I'd really not like to be asked in the first place, and then to have to answer them over and over and over again for an entire evening? No thanks.
"Of course!"
  •  

Sarah Louise

Both high schools I went to have their 50th reunion this year.  I went to one for 2 1/2 years, then the new school opened and I was transfered there. 

Both invited me to their reunion, one was last week and had about 200 people attend, they all know of my transition and it was never a problem.  The other school is at the end of the summer and they know of my transition too.

I missed the first and probably will miss the second, not because of my transition, but because they are both back in Illinois and I live in California.  Its just too far to travel.

I think it would be nice to see people I spent so many years with, some of them I knew since 1st grade.

Go to the reunion if you want, if there are people there you would actually like to see again.  Everyone changes, we have just changed more than most.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

annette

Catharine Sarah is a beautiful, nice woman.
So, there is no need to hide her from classmates, is there?
There are not so many good and supporting women like you dear.
Your formal classmates should be honored to know you.
So, if you like to, go go go.
Hugs
Annette
  •  

Michelle G

Catherine, just do what feels best, I'm sure you could easily pull it of with all your sweetness :) after the initial stares and questions all should be fine...they are grownups buy now;)

My 40th is in August this year, of course I am going but it will have to be in icky boy mode...just the way its gonna be since a lot of my old classmates parents are still friends with my folks...and they done know about "me" yet

Other than that issue I would have no problem at all showing up as my true self that I always should have been! what are they going to do...tell me to leave? I doubt that at all. I got along fine with everyone in school by just sort of blending in with our class that was 750 students. Mostly I fit in with the girls but had no problems hangin' with the guys, just really didn't have many guy friends.

The list of classmates attending this year is a nice bunch of old friends, many of which I went from K thru 12 with.

Rats!! just read this on the reunion site:

"Attire is "dressy casual", which means slacks and nice shirts for the guys and slacks or not-too-dressy skirts or dresses for the women."

my "dressy" boy clothes are tossed or boxed up, grrrrr  would so much be easier to dress like the other girls  :(

Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Well!!  As of the 24th August ...... It's official

May I take this opportunity, to thank the near 60% of those who voted, on this issue; for your love, support and positive motivation to attend this auspicious occasion.

Having spoken to the organising committee for the Year of 68, their unanimous decision was in favour of Catherine NOT; attending the College's 75th anniversary dinner.

Their decision was based on the understanding, that without forewarning of all attendees, there is a substantial risk of some major misunderstanding and potential negative attitudes/situations arising from my attendance that could potentially upset all parties concerned. There was a secondary reason supporting a unanimous vote, in as much as I am seen not to support the ethos of both Catholism and Christian Brothers Congregation code of ethics, and educational Christian ethos.

There will now be a 3 minute pause. Those of you who have now fallen into an uncontrollable fits of hysteria will be given time to control your unruly outbursts.

Was I surprised? Not really. Being a middle class, lower north shore, leafy suburb of greater Sydney. Pretentious attitudes are the ground swell of that stoic society.

Fear not! All is not lost. There shines a glimmer of hope for the Class of 68's 45th anniversary to be staged approx the same time next year. The organising committee thought it more reasonable for Catherine to be invited to the class only reunion next year. Again it was felt, if I was able to provide a brief outline of what transpired to bring me to my current outlook and presentation, there would be perhaps a greater acceptance.

I suppose the most ironic part to this whole malaise of the bastion of Catholic education paedophilia, is the discontent in "welcoming" back one of it's victims; who not only survived its cruel and insidious violations of human decency. But who was able to stand outside the false precepts and canons of a man based orthodoxy and accept herself for who she really is, in the most demonstrative way.

In hindsight, I feel the decision was quite timely, as I was seriously considering whether I should attend or not, as I haven't been in a very good position as of late. With one of the inevitable aspects of transitioning being realised, I'm surviving on a moment by moment basis in order to make it through. Don't worry. I see brighter days ahead and a smile still lingers under the surface.   

Everyone who undertakes transition needs to be brave and courageous.

So; be brave and courageous

Huggs
Catherine

•  

Sephirah

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on August 25, 2012, 09:14:01 AM
There was a secondary reason supporting a unanimous vote, in as much as I am seen not to support the ethos of both Catholism and Christian Brothers Congregation code of ethics, and educational Christian ethos.

Kinda funny, considering the Catholic church's stance on the truth and bearing false witness, as it relates to the ninth commandment. That's basically what they're asking you to do by not going as yourself, and lying to everyone around you.

So really, who is it who doesn't support Catholic ethos, hmm? Methinks hypocrisy is afoot.

*gives you a big hug*
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Kevin Peña

I'd say no, but that's only because I never liked the concept of these reunions. (If I cared enough to keep you in my life, you'd be in it).

However, don't listen to me or anyone else. If you want to go, just go. Go as yourself; it's your life, so live it the way you want to. If anything, you'll be a good conversation starter...
  •  

lilacwoman

catherine, it's reasonable to suppose that anyone your age will be well familiar with sex change and may have had other friends, relatives etc transition so it won't be any problem and you will probly get lots of compliments.
  •  

Jamie D

their unanimous decision was in favour of Catherine NOT attending

Catherine Sarah.  I'm a moderator.  I know better.  I'm going to catch it from the other mods.  But that makes me angry.

Screw'em!

(Dirty word filter caught the original)
  •  

Cindy

Geez Woman,

Cindy will thrash your backside.

Go there in the slinkiest sexiest dress and pee on them from a great height.

Goddess Sis, I was also tortured by the Christian Brothers and I would see them rot.

You are you, not some CB error of a person.

You are a woman who walks the Earth who has gone to extraordinary lengths of bravery and commitment

And you are giving up because a bunch of misogynist paedophiles says so?

Lordy.

If you need support wear a corset :D

If you need other support I'll go there with you. there are probably enough girls to join you for a table.

I could use a day in Sydney and I need a new cocktail dress.
  •  

Amazon D

I chose all three options because i didn't go to high school. I was put in haverford state mental hospital back then for wearing womens clothes  >:(  actually i am glad i missed out on high school.. Jr high or elementary school was bad enough.. those darn nuns were perverts too.. taking me down to the basement of the rectory and stripping me down and beating me with a radiator brush and doing it slowly and allowing the silky satin of their habits to rub against my genitals.. nasty nasty.. nun ..

anyway if i had gone to high school nahhh i wouldn't have.. i did run away from home after my time in the mental hospital and i arrived in N. Calif humboldt county where all the flower children lived and i stayed at HOKAHEY  a LGBT commune.. and there i had my first lesbian relationship with a woman who didn't touch my genitals.. that was healing and well the rest was herstory  ;D
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•