Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

huge pain nurses dont speakk english

Started by jessicas37, July 04, 2012, 02:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessicas37

surgery was tues 8am the pain is unbearable i dont know how to tell nurse. they speak hardly no english. have big thick gauze bandage wrapped around lower area. my leg on right keeps spasaming groin area exploding pain 10 on a 10 scales and they say "it normal" the intense feeling i feel is almost like holding your pee for hours that type of pain. hard to type one handed be back latter   
  •  

Cindy

Hugs Honey.

Hope you feel better soon

Cindy
  •  

elle2011

I hope you get everything taken care of. You need some pain meds and also to figure out where the pain is originating from. I hate to say this, but Dr. Pichet is not a recommended doctor.
  •  

AbraCadabra

I had something similar the way it sounds. The pain came from my urethra - I think a nurse was poking the catheter in the wrong place. OUCH!!! I was screaming - and I CAN scream. No need for any translation then :)

I'm sure you get better real soon. When the surgeon put in the catheter again when the nurse was not finding the right place, same frigging plain, then with the surgeon it was no issue, no pain. Life, eh.

Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

mintra

LOL @ Axelle. Screaming needs no translation indeed.

I was in extreme pain first couple of days after surgery. Ask the nurse for morphine. They should have morphine drip or injection type. If the nurses still don't understand you, show them these phrases;

"คนไข้ปวดมาก ต้องการมอร์ฟีน", "ช่วยดูว่าสวนปัสสาวะกับถุงปัสสาวะปกติหรือไม่"

Translation: "i'm in so much pain, pls give me morphine." and
"Pls check the catheter and urine bag if it's normal."

I'm Thai. If you need any more translation let me know. Get well soon darling.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Try to use Google Translate to get your point across.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

jessicas37

got morphine it helped me sleep but pain is still their i walked to bathroom today but legs are spread wide and sortaa a waddle to goto toilet. couldnt go but allot of gas.. packing comes out friday morning hopefully cathedar too then.im so scared im alone on other side of world and no one speaks english
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: mandyh92 on July 04, 2012, 01:38:31 PM
got morphine it helped me sleep but pain is still their i walked to bathroom today but legs are spread wide and sortaa a waddle to goto toilet. couldnt go but allot of gas.. packing comes out friday morning hopefully cathedar too then.im so scared im alone on other side of world and no one speaks english

Sweetie, pre-op I walked like a model on a cat-walk, post-op like a goose trying to lay eggs :) We all had a giggle, see.
It will get better. No need to despair. And yes, we all like to be rescued, don't WE?
Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •