Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Health care coverage

Started by Ashley, June 26, 2012, 12:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

does anyone know of a health care provider that will also cover transgender people? or well any health care provider work?
  •  

aleon515

Well I think that most of this is based on policies not companies. So there are liberal policies that covers a lot of things and very restrictive ones. So not all United Health Care policies are created equal.

I've heard that hormone therapy and maybe histo is covered more often than other stuff, but sometimes people have to fight for these.

This is not based on my own experience though.
My experience though is this. Health care companies want to deny coverage. That's why they can make tons of money. So if there is a way they feel they can deny coverage they will. The love it if you don't fight it.

--Jay Jay
  •  

Kreuzfidel

I just wanted to say that guys need to indicate what country they live in when asking questions like this because not everyone lives in America and sometimes it looks likes people just assume we're all American here.
  •  

xander

Quote from: Kreuzfidel on June 26, 2012, 05:45:51 PM
I just wanted to say that guys need to indicate what country they live in when asking questions like this because not everyone lives in America and sometimes it looks likes people just assume we're all American here.

You're talking about the whole internet here man :P
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

peky

Quote from: Kreuzfidel on June 26, 2012, 05:45:51 PM

Well, with a few exceptions (places like North Korea, Iran, etc), you are one way or another part of the Empire, LOL
  •  

aleon515

I guess I assumed US as the question was worded in such a "market based" way speaking of health care provider. I was thinking private insurance. But it's a good point.

And yep I think with some exceptions we are mostly part of the Empire. :)

--Jay Jay
  •