Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

transgenders in anime

Started by Kisa, November 29, 2006, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kisa

What are some transgender or maybe transgender anime or book character?

Akito from Fruit baskets
ritsu from fruit baskets
Isobella from paradise Kiss
ruby moon from cardcaptors(maybe)

•  

angelsgirl

Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi is the best transgendered anime character I've ever seen.  It's also one of my favorite anime shows.
Posted on: November 29, 2006, 02:53:34 PM
Oh yeah... and Peppo from Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Another one of my fave animes!
  •  

AB_Positive

My favorite - Tsubasa Kurenai - Ranma 1/2

technically Ukkyou Kuonjii as well, but she stops dressing like a man when she's trying to seduce Ranma.

you know, you'd -think- there'd be more. I'm having a hard time coming up with some.

-AB+
  •  

LostInTime

There are so many manga and anime characters that I am going to use my mod status to post a link to a list that you can look at and then comment here on your faves.  :) 
  •  

Dryad

Not anime, but..
The Farseer Trilogy-The Fool (A.K.A. The White Prophet.)
The Living Tradeships Trilogy-Amber. (Who is the Fool and White Prophet.)
The Golden Fool Trilogy-Sir Golden. (Who happens to have been the Fool and Amber, and still is the White Prophet.)

These trilogies are written by Megan Lindholm, under her pseudonym Robin Hobb. A must-read.
  •  

seldom

Kino from Kino's Journey (a strong arguement can be made Kino is FtM, and at the very least androgyne.  Only one episode reveals Kino's past and it was kind of suggested to in the episode that Kino was not satisfied with the role he/she was born into. There is quite a bit of subtext in this anime with regards to this issue from start to finish.  Good Asian films and Anime rely on the watcher to pick up the subtext involved with a character.  Even the name Kino, originates from a male Character introduced in that episode where the protaganist abandons thier previous life.)
  •  

Chandra21

There is a character, Stephanie, in the anime "Orphen", who is transgendered. Whether she is a just a crossdresser or a MTF transexual is never revealed though.
  •