Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Fall/winter clothes--for warmth

Started by Rena-san, October 08, 2012, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rena-san

Hello,
This will be my first fall and winter as a female. I only have spring and summer clothes though. I don't have any money left to get stuff. Any suggestions? What do women wear in the winter?
  •  

Rena-san

Hey, thanks!
Sadly, my budget is broke. I had done most of my shopping at Goodwill, where $20 can get you 5 pieces or more sometimes! However, I can't spare any money towards clothes at this point. I've been unemployed since June now and still can't find a job.
(as a side note, the whole 7.8% unemployement thing is crap to those of us who are still part of the 7.8%!)

•  

Stephe

Check local thrift stores if low on cash. If you have none to spend at all, I'm not sure there is a whole lot you can do unless you have some girl friends closets to rob.

As far as what women wear in certain seasons? Depends on where you live and the climate. Here we wear 3/4 length sleeves and jeans or skirts with tights. Lots of women wear boots to keep their feet worn. Also there are lots of cute coats but only some really look cute on me. You will just have to observe what people are wearing to know what's appropriate for your climate + how hot/cold blooded you are. I don't dress nearly as "wrapped up" as some women do for that reason.

And it's actually "the 2.8%" given the nominal unemployment rate is 5%. This "crap" started to skyrocket in the summer of 2008 and had shot up from 5% to 7.8% (and climbing) by the time Obama took office, mainly due to the past administration doing nothing as the country was melting down. It's now down to the rate it was when Obama inherited this mess and dropping monthly.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

I feel for people who are unemployed and suffering because of this but lets be honest who caused this crisis and not ignore the facts of history here. Lashing out at Obama isn't placing blame on who actually caused these problems to occur.

And you do have to realize the part of your difficulty in obtaining employment could be from your recent transition. That isn't fair but is another fact we can't ignore. I know my employment opportunities are much more limited than they were before.
  •  

Anteros

It's very likely that you qualify for some form of income subsidy. There are more programs out there than simply unemployment benefits. I would start with your state and county websites, and google searches for your region + unemployment.

As for clothing, insulating tights and layering can stretch your spring clothes into fall.
  •