Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NathanielM

I feel afwull but at least I listened annd stayed home.
  •  

Edge

Next week is apparently Sexual Assault Awareness Week and there's a discussion night I can go to.
I'm afraid that's going to focus solely on women being assaulted by men. I'm afraid of being told that I don't have the right to talk about it or have an opinion. Again. By people who have never experienced it. Like I have.
Even if it is a good discussion, it is a difficult subject for me and I am guaranteed to be triggered.
But I still hope I can go and be part of the discussion and that it will be good.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Edge on November 13, 2014, 10:29:41 AM
Next week is apparently Sexual Assault Awareness Week and there's a discussion night I can go to.
I'm afraid that's going to focus solely on women being assaulted by men. I'm afraid of being told that I don't have the right to talk about it or have an opinion. Again. By people who have never experienced it. Like I have.
Even if it is a good discussion, it is a difficult subject for me and I am guaranteed to be triggered.
But I still hope I can go and be part of the discussion and that it will be good.

You should be able to speak about it and be listened to politely.
  •  

Edge

I should, but often can't. I do anyway. Then I get told I don't have the right to. In this case, I'm asking one of the hosts ahead of time and letting her know why this is an issue for me.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Edge on November 13, 2014, 10:51:54 AM
I should, but often can't. I do anyway. Then I get told I don't have the right to. In this case, I'm asking one of the hosts ahead of time and letting her know why this is an issue for me.

That would be infuriating to say the least! Tell the hosts that you are more than qualified to speak about it having been subjected to it yourself, in fact demand them to let you speak and that they listen respectfully, you deserve to be heard!
  •  

Edge

Well, I'm asking nicely first (or as nicely as someone like me can ask) and if that doesn't go well, I won't bother going. If it does go well and I go and it happens anyway, then I'll get demanding.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I found a used copy of Living Colour's "Time's Up" CD at our crappy record store. So far, it seems to play just fine. BUT I friggin hate this cold weather that has came in. Good thing it didn't come in until after the show last weekend. But, it still sucks.
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Laura Squirrel on November 13, 2014, 03:59:03 PM
I found a used copy of Living Colour's "Time's Up" CD at our crappy record store. So far, it seems to play just fine. BUT I friggin hate this cold weather that has came in. Good thing it didn't come in until after the show last weekend. But, it still sucks.
I know the feeling Laura^^^___^^^. Even here in NW Central Florida it's dam chilly outside, and I've been laid up with the Flu until just recently because of it. So yea!, this sucks!!

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

King Malachite

Unhappy:  My mom got a ticket on the way home for faulty equipment.  Her headlight wasn't working properly.  The police said that the ticket can be dropped if she gets the headlight fixed and bring the receipt to court.  Since she was picking me up from work, I told her I would help pay to get it fixed.  That means less money for my top surgery fund.

Happy:  The police was really nice and he didn't shoot us.

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

V M

Came out to someone I was really nervous to come out to

A friend that I am already out to was visiting when another person called to say they needed a signature on a document for the therapy program I am in

I was very nervous so I was going to go change into boy mode, but my friend said I had nothing to worry about and he was there in case there was any problem and basically talked me into just answering the door as I am

Well, everything went fine, the gal was very nice and supportive so I told her she was welcome to visit any time, even to just girl talk awhile  :icon_chick:

The unhappy part is that I haven't legally changed my name yet so I had to sign my legal name  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Marcellow

Mom was griping me about getting a job and she said "son" in Spanish.
However she quickly corrected herself to say "daughter".  :-\
  •  

Edge

I went down a couple of pant sizes.
Now I have to buy more pants.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

By total coincidence, I've ended up ignoring the girl I like on numerous occasions. Every time she's texted me I've been busy, and not replied to her texts. I also have been busy whenever she is around so it appears like I am avoiding her. And she's noticed. Not gonna lie it's kind of nice to know that she at least notices when I'm not around or not responsive. On the other hand, it just makes me wonder why there seemed to be all these signs (before) and then she turns around and says she doesn't feel the same. -_- I am mostly over her but it honestly still bugs me sometimes, especially since she's trying to work things out with this other dude.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I got my refund check from the peeps at the fairgrounds for the security deposit. (I, with the help of my mom, rented the building for a local Noise fest). I got the full amount refunded. So, that was great. But it didn't arrive until after 5 pm. So, now I have to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to cash it. UGH!! :D But once I cash it, I have plans to blow the entire $350. Christmas came early this year.  ;D
  •  

V M

My bathroom sink had been clogging up all last week so I'd been plunging at it only to have it become worse, I was thinking that I'll have to go buy some liquid plumber or something but I always feel like I'm literally pouring money down the drain when I do that  :-\

Well I decided to give it one more try... and viola!!! Good as new again  8)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Adam (birkin)

I helped a suicidal person today. I convinced her to stay safe and I instated some hope in her. But it's hard. I know how it feels to feel hopeless. I don't feel that way anymore but I did at one point in my life. And I could have died. I'm glad I didn't, but I hate thinking of how much I'd have missed out on if I had.
  •  

ImagineKate

Happy: transition is coming swimmingly along
Sad: going to have to come out to parents soon. Probably not going to go over well. But if I'm accepted as their daughter I will be over the moon.
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: ImagineKate on December 05, 2014, 07:02:18 PM
Happy: transition is coming swimmingly along
Sad: going to have to come out to parents soon. Probably not going to go over well. But if I'm accepted as their daughter I will be over the moon.

Mine were pretty cold at first, but they eventually came around.  I think when they saw me actually smiling and happy for the first time it drove the point home.

Don't be surprised if it takes time.  I'm really glad that I never burned a single bridge.
  •  

ImagineKate

Wheee more people are catching on, and I'm sorta male failing.

Today one of my coworkers didn't recognize me until I spoke to him. He looked totally confused.

Another asked me if I was removing my beard and mustache. He also told me I looked like a girl. I said, "thanks for the compliment bro." He tends to be extremely honest with people without even realizing it.

Happy because I'm coming out. Sad that I think some people are talking negatively amongst themselves... but, screw it. Time to press on. I see my therapist tomorrow (yay!), but I have electrolysis in the AM (ouch!).
  •  

antonia

Me and my partner broke up after 4 years, we've grown apart and both agreed this was the way to go since we'll be living/working in different cities.

Knew intellectually this was a very real possibility but emotionally processing it is still taking it's toll.

Happy we are still friends, happy we split on good terms.
  •