Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padma

I texted my friend a joke that made her laugh in the face of hardship, and she sent me a lovely thank you text back - which made me cry because I'm fed up with wanting to be important to someone.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Apples Mk.II

I keep losing weigh at a slow but steady rate...

But now I can't sit without a cushion, my ass is now completely flat. I can either try to gain fat or improve  the muscles down there...
  •  

Felix

Centurylink told me my internet should be up sometime tomorrow morning. Unhappy because that's what they said yesterday, and I've been 21 days without internet, but happy because maybe it'll finally be resolved.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Padma

A weird "worldly winds" experience (things not to get blown around by - it's a Buddhist thang :)).

I had to go to my doctor's surgery today to check up on my latest riduculously high E results - the surgery has a self-check-in touch screen, and as of me writing to them last week, I now get to hit the girl button instead of the boy button :D :D :D.

However, the GP I saw today (who's not my usual one, and isn't very with it) had to call the pharmacist to query them about Vaniqa (I was asking for a prescription for this, which is currently licensed for women only), and kept referring to me over the phone as "he", and said to them "he's going through a gender change, but he's still a guy until surgery, can he have this?"

I was so stunned by this that I did't say anything at the time - but I'm going to write her a gentle but firm letter explaining why that's really inappropriate and made me very uncomfortable.

Still: girl button :D :D :D.

::) (and other emoticons...)
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Jam

Quote from: Padma on September 17, 2012, 10:22:30 AM
A weird "worldly winds" experience (things not to get blown around by - it's a Buddhist thang :)).

I had to go to my doctor's surgery today to check up on my latest riduculously high E results - the surgery has a self-check-in touch screen, and as of me writing to them last week, I now get to hit the girl button instead of the boy button :D :D :D.

However, the GP I saw today (who's not my usual one, and isn't very with it) had to call the pharmacist to query them about Vaniqa (I was asking for a prescription for this, which is currently licensed for women only), and kept referring to me over the phone as "he", and said to them "he's going through a gender change, but he's still a guy until surgery, can he have this?"

I was so stunned by this that I did't say anything at the time - but I'm going to write her a gentle but firm letter explaining why that's really inappropriate and made me very uncomfortable.

Still: girl button :D :D :D.

::) (and other emoticons...)

My GP practice has been rather good about all this. They changed my name easily and any doctor I see refers to me with the correct pronouns, including the nurses but I can't do the boy button  :( . Although when no one was around the other day I tried the girl button , turns out I can't do thy either so godknows what I'm under lol.
  •  

Edge

Thinking of the power I want makes me happy. Thinking of how I don't have it yet and it will take time to get makes me unhappy and impatient.
  •  

Padma

Yesterday my Decree Nisi arrived in the post - this is part first of UK divorce, part last comes some weeks later. I spent all night dreaming that me and my ex had got back together - and in some of the dreams, it was okay. In the last one, I looked after her while she threw up a lot. Woke up feeling pretty sad, but also relief at the divorce happening.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Jam

I really am getting to like a girl at work and well maybe I'm just reading into things too much, but I think she might like me a little too. If she didn't have a boyfriend I'd ask her out, that makes me happy because for once I think I might actually have a chance.

But then I think if she 'knew' about me I doubt she'd like me in that way at all and even over coming that, we are at such different stages in our lives I doubt it could ever work.

:-\
  •  

V M

Nearly getting hit by a car because the driver was on her cell phone  :icon_shakefist:   A police car appearing out of seemingly nowhere and going after said offender  :icon_rockon:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Not only I get to keep my job, but I will also be getting an almost 4000€ yearly raise in my gross income.

The bad part... More responsibilities, work, control and quality of service.
  •  

Edge

My son is being really cute and affectionate, but he's supposed to be in bed.
  •  

AbraCadabra

Selling my house in an almost dead and static market. Houses, big ones, go for ridiculous prices at present and often do not even move on auctions. I got the price I had asked for last year this time. A lucky strike as it seems after more than one year of laughable offers.

Leaving a place I had painstakingly designed and furnished with the hope of a recovery from the first big downsizing 7 years back; 390 sq. metre with a huge pool then to 280 sq. metre and a quite small pool... after splitting up 3 years ago now my next move will be to ~ 60 sq. meter (a tiny cottage) will be about as small as it gets, save to rent a room only...

At least the cost is such that I'm not squeezed by those for ever rising utility bills and a mini pension that increases maybe just 10% of food and living expense increases.

So, yes, happy AND unhappy. Another dream bubble has burst and I'm almost out of tears.
Simply to fade away often seems an excellent final solution once no one is interested in your skills anymore rendering one useless, and ready for the trash heap.

Sorry for the rant,
Axélle
PS: the 'up side' ? I will not be alone  :angel:
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Apples Mk.II

First time I forget to correct a wrong pronoun about me when writing. Wrong in the sense that I should have quickly corrected to a male one. And I don't care anymore about what people think. I'm tired of this fake life...
  •  

Beth Andrea

There are a lot of "pieces" of my former self's emotional life inside me...and I've been trying to assimilate them into my new self's structure.

I realized today (just this very morning), that some of the pieces, in particular his love for the ex, are just too big and painful for me to take on. So I have to...

...just let it go.

:'(  +   :)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

androgynoid

I got to work with clay at work today! :) I spent over 2 hours basically slamming chunks of clay onto a tabletop. Now my wrists are killing me. Ow. :(
  •  

V M

I bought a rack for the back of my bicycle  :)  It was a wrestling match to secure the rack and still have enough clearance for the mud flap (fender) that I already have

Similar mud flap but they don't carry mine anymore

I got that all worked out but then realized that I didn't have the strength to tighten down the hex head bolts of the rack
to secure it steady :-\  Well I had to be smarter than the hex head

I took my multitool apart and put a large screw driver through the loop end of the hex head wrench and this gave me the leverage to tighten the rack down nice and snug  8)  Plus I dug out a large red reflector to put on the end of the rack

It was a little frustrating but I got it figured  ;D  Yay!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Beth Andrea

Got my new "smart phone" today...it's pretty neat, but I have to make a TON of new connections in my brain...:) :-/
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Ave

I can see me
I can see you
Are you me?
Or am I you?
  •  

Jayne

Today has been a bitter sweet day, I had a text yesterday about the council sorting me out some emergency accomodation & had a meeting today.

I've been given a small flat in a sheltered hostel & I can move in as soon as I can get transport for my stuff (what little I have left), this made me happy.

I can't have pets so I have to say goodbye to my poopie later this week, this made me cry all the way home (i'm not even allowed my hamsters).
My ex will continue looking after poopie & i'll visit but i'll not have much money for bus fare & it's about a 2hr walk.

I can't have broadband fitted as it's temporary accomodation so i'll be cut off from the world for a few months, i'll only be able to post on here when I get access to someones broadband, I also wont be able to play xbox online so will be out of touch with many of my friends. The support workers said they will try to get me access to the hostels broadband but they don't know for sure yet,

I'm keep telling myself that it's only for a few months, they aim to have people moved on to a proper council place within 4 months, fingers crossed.

It's been a day of great relief & heartbreaking sadness.
  •  

V M

The unexpected expense of having to replace my microwave oven  :P  The new microwave works a heck of a lot better  8)

- V M
  •