Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Laser hair removal at home on "The Talk" today.

Started by mintra, June 22, 2012, 05:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mintra

I just found this out on the program today so I went and check online. It's called Tria. Very interesting and it works for dark hair like mine. I'm having my facial laser hair treatment at a local spa but thinking of buying this for my leg area. Anybody recommend it?

•  

Cindy

Hi

No , there is a lot of discussion here about Tria and other home lasers, the vast majority say they don't work. If you discuss with your laser tech they will also suggest that the home things are too weak to do anything.
  •  

aibeecee

I would stay away from them.

Few months ago German customs confiscated such devices which were imported from Australia and intended for sale on the German market. After they were technically analyzed it came out these devices generally work on a much higher intensity than professional dematological lasers.

I can't find the report from the German customs website again but here's an article from a newspaper:
http://www.derwesten.de/nachrichten/zoll-beschlagnahmt-gefaehrliche-haarentferner-mit-laser-id6251478.html (try Google translate, it's in German)

•  

barbie

As I posted in other threads, Tria worked very well for me (black hair).

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,102684.0.html

I purchased it in October 2010, and I do not have noticeable hairs in my legs, armpits and beard area. Still I see a few fine and long hairs growing. As my skin becomes darker and darker in summer, using Tria is not desirable, and I save those fine hairs for another round of treatment in the upcoming fall. I am going to use Tria every six months to remove those fine fine long hairs.

For the first year, I irregularly used it, as I am usually busy doing other jobs. A merit of Tria is that you can treat by yourself whenever you have leizure time. You not need to make reservation, waiting in doctor's office. And it is far less expensive than professional laser treatment, but it give the same results, at least to me.

Remember that you need to be patient. It may take several rounds of Tria treatment to see any noticeable reduction in hairs. In my case, it took more than 1 year.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •