Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Did you find it necessary to cut your E dose post op?

Started by Princess_Jasmine, July 26, 2012, 04:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess_Jasmine

Hello everyone I was just curious as to your opinions? I am having a hard time balancing my hormones. Prior to srs my ESTROGEN level was in the 600s. Post op my ESTRADIOL level is about the same because Ive stayed on the same dose. (but when I lowered my dose initially, it didnt help although I didnt give it a long enough trial to be honest) HOWEVER, I am wondering if this is not part of the problem? Because my old endo never actually tested my estradiol level alone now that I look at the papers... so couldnt this ESTROGEN number be mixed up with estriol, estrone, and estradiol meaning that my actual estradiol level could be much lower?

I am having symptoms of cushings disease which is caused by excess cortisol. That is the problem im having. They say it can be caused by excess estrogen or an adrenal tumor, however, I dont understand since I am taking the same dose post op? Also, my testosterone was immeasurable pre op so I dont believe thats in the equation to fixing this (especially since ive tried taking it post op and it was a horrible idea). So, I guess what Im asking is, is it necessary to cut our dose post op? Also, is it possible that my estradiol level being so high is causing this? Also, if my estrogen level before was really an estradiol measurement (which ill never know since I called quest labs and they couldnt tell me) then why would this level of estrogen be bothering me now if it was the same before?! Im so confused! Anyhow, im seeing my doctor tomorrow..we will be ordering a ct scan to see whether or not I have an adrenal tumor that's causing this :(

So what is your experience? Did you try staying on the same dose post op? And did staying on the same dose cause negative symptoms? Did you find it necessary to cut your dose?
  •  

Meshi

If the 600 count figure is your total estrogen, then it is too high..Does your hormone dr know what he/she is doing when it comes to MTF's??  You say you are using the same dosage, but you do not say what that dosage is.?  You should not be on the same amount if you were a genetic male, because your testes are what produces most of your testosterone, so in time after SRS you should be down to usually 2mg is the norm of what a hormone dr will have you on.. In my honest opinion.  How long has it been since you had SRS?? That is a determining factor to your questions.
  •  

Princess_Jasmine

Oh I wasnt sure if we are allowed to discuss dosages? I dont understand though why it is necessary to reduce estrogen because if my testosterone was already immeasurable pre op so doesnt that mean that my testes weren't producing much of anything? Also, I was on spiro as well. however, im hearing spiro is not the best androgen blocker so maybe some testosterone was still being produced? I did have high E levels pre op though. Hmm im confused...

IF I had higher T prior to srs, then I would understand the need to cut the E dosage afterwards. But seeing that my T level was <20 pre and post, I dont see why E must be lowered is what im sayng. UNLESS, the testes were still producing something minimally....So confused....
  •  

Sarah Louise

It is against policy here to discuss actual doseage. 
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Princess_Jasmine on July 26, 2012, 05:50:44 PM
Oh I wasnt sure if we are allowed to discuss dosages? I dont understand though why it is necessary to reduce estrogen because if my testosterone was already immeasurable pre op so doesnt that mean that my testes weren't producing much of anything? Also, I was on spiro as well. however, im hearing spiro is not the best androgen blocker so maybe some testosterone was still being produced? I did have high E levels pre op though. Hmm im confused...

IF I had higher T prior to srs, then I would understand the need to cut the E dosage afterwards. But seeing that my T level was <20 pre and post, I dont see why E must be lowered is what im sayng. UNLESS, the testes were still producing something minimally....So confused....

Hi, Jasmine. These are really important medical question best suited for your endocrinologist or kidney doctor.  The adrenal glands also secrete a small amount of testosterone, which is the source in natal females.
  •  

NikkiJ

I started out with a endo who was pretty conservative in his approach, and refused to give me anything but Premarin  >:(

After SRS, my primary care physician took over my hormone regimen, and I switched to sublingual Estrodial.  :)
Better watch out for the skin deep - The Stranglers
  •  

Julie Wilson

Quote from: Princess_Jasmine on July 26, 2012, 04:48:54 PM

So what is your experience? Did you try staying on the same dose post op? And did staying on the same dose cause negative symptoms? Did you find it necessary to cut your dose?

Yes, I tried staying on the same dose post-op and it was too high for me.  I also had to go from shots to pills as the shots made me feel sea sick for a week after injection.
  •  

Deila

i had to cut my dose in half around month 3 post op but by month 11 i was going crazy I could tell I needed to up my dose again and when I did I balanced out again. Im luckily very in tune with my body so I know exactly when and if I need to cut or raise my dose, and blood work always confirms what I feel.
  •