Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

So name changing, whats the best way?

Started by ShawnTOShawnna, August 14, 2012, 02:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn Sunshine

I am guessing that you 1st have to pay for a lawyer, then get your name changed with social security, then change your ID/passport cards to female and with the new name, and then lastly change the birth certificate to female with the new name? or is there some other order or options that can be done for inexpensive? Right now my name is Shawn but I wont be changing that or my last name , just my middle name will go from edward to Sunshine, so what options do I have?
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Robert Scott

You don't have to an attorney to change your name...it is actually a fairly simple process.  How its done is set by each state.  As for changing your birth certificate that is done by the state your born in and some states won't let you change your gender marker.
  •  

Diane Elizabeth

In Minnesota, one goes to the county clerk office and ask for the forms to fill out.  Once filled you turn them in and wait for a letter telling you which judge is assigned your case.  Then you call their office and schedule a court date.  On the assigned court date you show up (with your witnesses) and answer the judge's questions.  The they sign off approval and give you a court oreder  that you take asound to everyone that you need to change your name with.   Simple as that.  There may be different procedures where you live.
Having you blanket in the wash is like finding your psychiatrist is gone for the weekend!         Linus "Peanuts"
  •