Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Anyone heard of this book?

Started by BeverlyAnn, April 17, 2007, 07:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeverlyAnn

I received an e-mail telling me about a new book called Scott Free.  It's about a transgender detective and is written by Marijane Meaker (aka Vin Packer) who is apparently well known for her crime novels, a genre I've never gotten into.  I'm just wondering if anyone has read it yet.

Beverly
  •  

saraswatidevi

I just ordered it from Amazon. So I will let you know when I've read it. I have to say that the Amazon review was not too good; they referred to the novel as convoluted and thought that her other books were much better.
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Actually, I ended up getting the book from our local lesbian bookstore.  If the reviews of her other earlier works are on target, this one is nowhere near as good.  I thought it rather bland to be honest about it.  I kept waiting for some DRAMATIC turn in the plot but nothing and in some cases, I kept saying "how the heck did she know that, what tipped her off."

Beverly
  •  

saraswatidevi

I actually enjoyed this book. The plot was kind of convoluted and it was tied up with bow at the end; my favorite ending but some people don't like that. I liked it enough to find other books by this author. If the others are much better than I am in for a treat.

I didn't have problems when she figured things out. After all she is a detective.

Thanks for mentioning this book. I would have never heard about it.
  •