Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hard lumps..from binding?

Started by zombiesarepeaceful, April 18, 2007, 01:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiesarepeaceful

I've been binding for about 5-6 months using different methods..started with neoprene waist trimmers..then started using tape (I know, bad, I know the dangers of this already and chose to do it). A few days ago I noticed some lumps on my chest..I doubt they're anything but benign..but I'm wondering if I should get them checked out.

Thing is, my mom always came in with me to the doctors (takes alot to get her to leave the room) and doesn't support my transition or anything and where I go is a hospital clinic where they shoo people in and out. I don't favor the thought of explaining why I have my chest taped down with packing tape, and having my mom stand there and bitch about its another phase I'm going through. Then having to unbind and..have those things that don't belong there prodded. Its a nightmare all in my head that I'd like to keep from becoming a reality. What if they don't let me retape afterwards? I can't go anywhere without binding..

Just wondering if any of you get lumps in your chest from binding..they're hardish..semi soft..is this common?

Matt
  •  

Christo

I got scars from preassure but no lumps.  thats not cool dude. hve them check out. my chest ain't that big though so I dunno.
  •  

GQjoey

I also use tape. And have it pretty much perfected to where it doesn't hurt me, only time im not wearin it is if im in the house or sleeping.

As far as those lumps go, are you outside the skin or in? like, can you feel it just on the SKIN? I get cysts (genetics) and get lumps too. Little ones, hard. And I'm pretty sure it's from binding (done it for a good 5-6 years). But if you're worried about it, get it checked out. When I go to the doctors I just use a ace bandage, it's easy to take off, and easy to put back on. Doctors have seen a LOT of stuff dude, don't be embarassed. Plus, they don't stay in the room when you're undressing into the gown, unbind then, and bind back up when they leave to let you get dressed.

Tell your mom you don't need her holding your hand in the doctors office. You're not 5. Tell her she can go ahead and wait for you in the lobby.
  •  

zombiesarepeaceful

Yeah..My chest has gone numb already so it doesn't hurt. They feel like they're under the skin. I have no idea what size I am..never bothered measuring.

I've been trying to find one of those 6" wide ace bandages to use when I can't use tape, haven't had much luck so far. I don't usually go do the doctor besides if I'm real sick and I don't want it thrown in my face again by her that I'm 'insert crude word for binding here'.

These lumps feel like they're under the skin and are tenderish when I press on them (probably from binding so much though).
  •  

Melissa

Have them checked out.  The worst case is you have breast cancer and need to have a mastectomy (paid for by insurance).  Then no more binding would be necessary.  Just a thought.
  •  

GQjoey

can you move them around though? i mean does it feel like they're attatched to tissue, or can you move them? The ones I have are hard, and hurt if I squeeze um. And I've noticed its in spots where there's pressure from binding. I wouldn't worry about it too much, you're still young.

My ex gave me the wide ace bandage I have, not sure where she got it from. But check out Walgreens, or Target/Walmart has a lot of diff sized ones.

•  

zombiesarepeaceful

I can't move them around. And yeah Melissa..I thought of that . My grandma had a mastectomy..it looked pretty bad..still some tissue there.. but..it sure wouldn't leave much to bind.
  •  

Dennis

Quote from: GQjoey on April 18, 2007, 06:50:11 PM
can you move them around though? i mean does it feel like they're attatched to tissue, or can you move them? The ones I have are hard, and hurt if I squeeze um. And I've noticed its in spots where there's pressure from binding. I wouldn't worry about it too much, you're still young.

My ex gave me the wide ace bandage I have, not sure where she got it from. But check out Walgreens, or Target/Walmart has a lot of diff sized ones.

Young is exactly the reason to worry. The mortality rate for breast cancer in 20 year olds is much much higher than it is in 40 year olds. You need to get it checked dude.

Dennis
  •  

shiva

Breast cancer is practically unheard of for under 20's. Not sure how old you are.
Throughout history cultures have swayed between womanly (curvy) and boyish (no curves) being the cultivated and appreciated female forms, so they've bound girls to the point where the breasts do not grow. And as far as I know there was no incidence of cancer from this extreme practice.... But this is a chemicalized age. You should get it checked out.

•  

Melissa

Quote from: zombiesarepeaceful on April 19, 2007, 12:17:29 AM
I can't move them around. And yeah Melissa..I thought of that . My grandma had a mastectomy..it looked pretty bad..still some tissue there.. but..it sure wouldn't leave much to bind.
Right, a chest reconstruction would still be necessary to make the chest look male, but it may ease the discomfort in the way an orchi would ease the discomfort in an MTF until SRS.
  •