Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Tarot

Started by Princess of Hearts, March 04, 2012, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess of Hearts

What is your opinion of the Tarot?   Do you fear it?  Do you think that because it wasn't mentioned in the bible it has to be devilish?  Do you secretly believe that all Wiccans, witches and pagans are being deceived and that the Devil is behind all of these things?

My avatar shows the 'Princess of Cups' card from the Druid Craft Tarot deck.  I chose that card from all the others as it really spoke to me.

•  

Jeneva

Since this isn't the specific Christianity part of the forum we don't necessarily have to answer it in that context.  For the moment lets ignore the concept of personified evil and focus on taking responsibility for our actions both light and dark instead of blaming all the dark on that concept.

The Tarot is a tool.  How can a tool be either light or dark?  Wouldn't it all be in how it was used?  Since most of the time it is used for purely informational purposes then most of the time it is used for light.

Personally I think the deck that works best to me (in terms of meaningful imagery) is the Mystic Faerie deck.

The Shadowscape tarot is one of the most BEAUTIFUL I've seen, but it just doesn't "talk" to me well enough.

Here is my normal signifier (Queen of Swords / Mystic Faerie)
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Val

I think it's pretty fun as a hobby, but I don't take it all too seriously. I do readings for my friends, some of which believe in the cards, some don't. But hey, if it helps them out that's alright, I always make sure to let them know it's more of a loose guide rather than an exact prediction of anything though.
  •  

saint

I have been getting into Tarot recently.  I also bought the Shadowscapes cards because they look amazing, but I am gonna get some of the Rider-Waite cards as they seem a better deck to learn with.

I use them for ruminating/meditating on a subject in my life though, I dont really see how they can predict the future.
  •  

Sara Thomas

I have developed an interest in the Tarot, lately...

In some ways it seems a bit like astrology, in which the interpretations are somewhat broad - and all encompassing: I did have a remarkably specific event once, with a tarot deck (it was mostly legal...), that gave me good reason to respect the practice.

And as Saint stated - the cards seem most beneficial as a focal point for meditation on a subject. I think this is particularly true of cards that have a complex visual appeal, wherein subtleties in the image might provide insight.

My current avatar is an artistic impression of The Queen of Cups (though I do not believe that it is actually in a deck).

I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I am Wiccan, and I have practiced the Tarot.  Unfortunately my deck got misplaced.  I will have to find another.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

MariaMx

One would think that two decks side by side should yield the same result, but they don't.
"Of course!"
  •  

Sara Thomas

This is a great site for comparing decks, Ms. O'Brien:

http://www.masquedman.com/tarotbible/zmaj01.html

I am wanting to make my own deck, being a bit of an artist... have no idea where I will find the time, however - and am concerned about tainting the deck too much with my personal preferences/interpretations...
I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •