Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you like to crochet?

Started by ChrissyRyan, June 02, 2024, 08:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Do you like to crochet?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Everyone

I do not like crochet.  I love it!

Ever since I was around 10 years old, I asked my mum could she teach me how to crochet.  She said, no or tried to dissuade me, however my 'fairy' god mother (aunt), who was sitting on the floor with me, said; "let her crochet", whether it was my mum or my lovely aunt, god bless her, I was taught how to do the chain stitch.

I do not remember much more than this, although I was aware of getting tired of doing the chain stitch and wanting to learn more.  However I cannot recall doing any more crocheting at the time.  This occurred in England.

Fast forward in time and place, (Australia).  I cannot remember when I took up crocheting again, however, it must have been after 1972, when my dad died, so I was 14 or 15 years old and I was doing a lot of crocheting mainly dollies and I did some while I was at high school.

I went to boarding school and as far as I know I did not do any crocheting.  It was not until after I meet up with my mum which was in 1993, that it was on for young and old and every time I was on holidays we definitely crocheted non stop, together.

You name it we did it, although I never really did the doll patterns, however mum would ask me to decipher some of those patterns and in that department I was able to help her.  Those days of crocheting together has passed, it will soon be nearly two years since, she passed away and that we did any crocheting together.  So I will not get the chance to sit on a rocking chair with her and do one more stitch with her.

So as I have already said, I love to crochet and it's all thanks to my mum.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@ChrissyRyan
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •