Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Teaching your inner voice

Started by Rita, September 27, 2012, 04:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rita

How long did it take you to master your feminine(or masculine) inner voice?  The one you use to talk to yourself.

I find that I am having an easier time training my outside voice where my inner voice is a bit stuck from habit. 
  •  

Gadgett

To be bonest my inner voice has always been femine. SorrySorry
Scott Kelley: You guys are here on a good day.
Zak Bagans: What's that suppost to mean?
Scott Kelley: The building will talk to you today."
  •  

Kitteh Engimeer

Quote from: Rita on September 27, 2012, 04:15:30 PM
How long did it take you to master your feminine(or masculine) inner voice?  The one you use to talk to yourself.

I find that I am having an easier time training my outside voice where my inner voice is a bit stuck from habit.

You mean like the voice of processing thought? Hmm, I can't really recognize tone in mine. Kinda neutral-ethereal-ish.
  •  

Snowpaw

Quote from: Slightly Interested on September 27, 2012, 11:14:48 PM
You mean like the voice of processing thought? Hmm, I can't really recognize tone in mine. Kinda neutral-ethereal-ish.

Same for me.
  •  

RedFox

Usually my inner "voice" isn't a voice it's just silent thought - no gender base.  Only when i rehearse or replay conversations or debate myself do I hear the voice - it's never been masculine and since my trans epiphany it's become progressively more feminine as I my identity has shifted in that direction (consciously as opposed to repressed subconsciously).

•  

twit

My inner voice sounds a lot like Marvin, the martian.
  •  

Rita

Well my inner voice can change as well, but its generally my voice as I hear it.  It seems like everyone else has a different voice in their minds xD so the question is kind of moot
  •  

bullwinklle

My inner voice is often the neutral ethereal voice mentioned by other posters, but I am able to conjure up the more female-sounding version from time to time as well. I would say once your outer voice becomes consistent and regularly used, that's when your brain starts to capture the sound and essence of your voice and can apply it to your inner voice.

As an exercise - try to imagine a celebrity, friend or family member's voice reading something, such as a post on the forum, and try to hear the voice inside of your head. After hearing enough input of their voice, you should be able to simulate their speaking voice in your head, much in the same way you can read any sentence in your native language even if you've never seen it before. I speculate that this is what our brains do to find that inner voice, and since the largest source of voice input is our own, that influences the sound of our inner voice.
  •  

Elsa

hmmm my voice sounds more like my outer voice but untill about 5-7 years ago they were feminine.

weirdly my outer voice has never been constant and keeps changing even more so when on HRT.
Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

Rita

Yea its not that HRT has physically changed my voice but it is easier to feminize it.
  •  

Annah

my inner voice is odd at times.

My inner voice will usually try to sound like the author who wrote the book (if I am reading something)

If I am thinking to myself it has always been neutral.

However, I gauge my inner awareness of "finally being there" when I started dreaming and I was female all the time. That was when I knew I reached whatever I felt needed to be reached on the inside.
  •