Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

has anyone heard of this

Started by mary83054, April 14, 2007, 10:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary83054

I am getting ready to head back to the US and start my tansition.  One of the first items on my agenda is hair removal--for the past several yers I have been shaving as that is all that has been available and quite frankly I am tired of the hassle and cuts etc. Anyway I have been researching different methods of permanent hair removal and have now come across what is to me anew product called "Finally Free"  it is supposed to use radio waves to "permanatly" remove the hair.  The information provdied gives results very close to electrolysis. The cost of the instrument is $100. Anway has anyone of you ever heard of this?  Does anyone have any experience with it or is this just another gimmick being sold on the we.  I found the information in a site dedicated to hair removal questions?

Mary   ::)
  •  

amberctm

One word... GIMMICK. save the money and go for ele3ctro or laser. Any other method is just fasle promises and an empty pocketbook.

-Mischa
  •  

Kate

From everything I've read, the ONLY things that work are:

1) Needle electrolysis (galvanic, thermolysis or blend using needles inserted into the follicle - NOT radio, NOT tweezers).

2) Laser (somewhat controversial, though many swear it's worked great for them - including myself. LightSheer or Coolglide laser + dark hairs + fair skin + 10 or more sessions = good chance of success, IMHO)

There are home galvanic electrolysis kits available. I used one years ago, and it DID work for me. But it'll take you 20 years to do it yourself, and you risk skin damage. It's also very tedious and difficult to do it solo. My wife did it on me (the sadist, lol).

Kate
  •  

seldom

Quote from: Kate on April 14, 2007, 11:00:34 AM
From everything I've read, the ONLY things that work are:

1) Needle electrolysis (galvanic, thermolysis or blend using needles inserted into the follicle - NOT radio, NOT tweezers).

2) Laser (somewhat controversial, though many swear it's worked great for them - including myself. LightSheer or Coolglide laser + dark hairs + fair skin + 10 or more sessions = good chance of success, IMHO)

There are home galvanic electrolysis kits available. I used one years ago, and it DID work for me. But it'll take you 20 years to do it yourself, and you risk skin damage. It's also very tedious and difficult to do it solo. My wife did it on me (the sadist, lol).

Kate

Gentlelase (fair skin, it is widely used by dermatologists) or Yag (darker skin) are extremely effective as well.

To tell you the truth I don't understand the controversy regarding laser.  I think some people expect miracles  the first time around without realizing it takes a year or year and a half.  Truth be told, one session with me and the results have been fantastic, about 50-60% gone, though in really weird patches.  Though the person doing it, said it would probably work extremely well with me.

I think the controversy with laser stems from the fact it will ONLY work really well if you have fair skin and dark hair.  If you have red or blond hair...it is probably electro which is the only option.
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Amy T. on April 14, 2007, 12:24:23 PM
Gentlelase (fair skin, it is widely used by dermatologists) or Yag (darker skin) are extremely effective as well.

Right, my apologies: I didn't mean to make it sound like other types DON'T work, just that I don't know about other types ;)

QuoteTruth be told, one session with me and the results have been fantastic, about 50-60% gone, though in really weird patches.

LOL.. fun, huh? Yea, mine did that too for the first few sessions. That's the thing with laser: once you start, you're pretty much committed to finishing it. Otherwise, you're left with patches of fur all over. Shaving *sorta* made it OK, but even then.. it's a bit odd looking. It doesn't just thin it out evenly each time. At least mine ended up patchy too. Even now, like nine sessions later, the few hairs remaining are in clumps around the mouth and chin. Everything else in-between is perfectly clear.

Kate
  •  

LynnER

I started with the new type lasers,  the center Im going to uses the "aurora" type and it works on darker skin and lighter, grey and so on hairs... Its been about a week from the first treatment and allready getting some patchyness... though nowhere near what I hoped.. <but allot more than expected>  Strangely enough its the places where the hair was more light than dark that are going bald LoL.  Figure on a bare minimum of 6 treatments spaced 7+ weeks appart to clear most of everything...  the place Im going to charged 2200 for the first 6 sessions....  not a bad price considering every other place in town wanted 500/session with the older type lasers  >:D

Those RF and SF and tweeser electrolis kits are total wastes of money.... the home electo kits like the one touch do work... but your looking as Kate said, about 20 years worth of work going that rout....  Good luck with everything and be sure to do some research before hand....  if your going for laser or electro try to find people that have gone to the same place... you dont want to risk a bad electro tech nor a bad laser tech... both could cause some major damage or be ineffective in treatment.
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: LynnER on April 14, 2007, 05:32:50 PM
I started with the new type lasers,  the center Im going to uses the "aurora" type and it works on darker skin and lighter, grey and so on hairs... Its been about a week from the first treatment and allready getting some patchyness... though nowhere near what I hoped.. <but allot more than expected>  Strangely enough its the places where the hair was more light than dark that are going bald LoL.  Figure on a bare minimum of 6 treatments spaced 7+ weeks appart to clear most of everything...  the place Im going to charged 2200 for the first 6 sessions....  not a bad price considering every other place in town wanted 500/session with the older type lasers  >:D

Those RF and SF and tweeser electrolis kits are total wastes of money.... the home electo kits like the one touch do work... but your looking as Kate said, about 20 years worth of work going that rout....  Good luck with everything and be sure to do some research before hand....  if your going for laser or electro try to find people that have gone to the same place... you dont want to risk a bad electro tech nor a bad laser tech... both could cause some major damage or be ineffective in treatment.

The process, while tedious, can become very efficient with proficiency.
  •  

katia

•  

mary83054

So I get the idea you girls think this is rubish!  LOL  I guess I am jsut anxious to get started and want a miracle worked--actually I have been asking for amiracle for along time and since none has come around I am ready for the long haul. again LOL
   I appreciate all of your responses they have been very supportive and understanding--sometimes I am asfraid to ask something because I don't want to appear stupid.  Again thanks for everything.

Mary   ;D
  •  

timberwolf

radio waves???

is that like it sends james brown music down to the root and it dances it's way up and out?
  •  

gothique11

i agree, it's a gimmick!

I'm getting laser and electro ($200 a session, every two months). I've had 4 sessions so far and I have very little left except some on the upper lip and some stray ones here and there. I get electro for the odd hair; I have some random red hairs which the laser doesn't get. So far, the laser has worked for me but it really, really hurts. And now with the HRT, I find that it even hurts more than before. I cry when I get laser. Electro, on the other hand, doesn't hurt as much and I like it a bit more, but it takes longer.
  •