Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

nair for men

Started by michael 19 jones, February 26, 2007, 11:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael 19 jones

i just bought this product and used it for the first time. it is wonderful. it got 95% of the hair on my legs.
my legs are very smooth. i cant wait till tomorrow to do the rest of my legs and body.

has anyone else used this stuff.

it beats shaving and it is really cheap.
  •  

Melissa

I can't use nair.  My skin is too sensitive and breaks out in a horrible rash and burns.

Melissa
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Melissa on February 26, 2007, 12:30:59 PM
I can't use nair.  My skin is too sensitive and breaks out in a horrible rash and burns.

Me too, though it's been years since I used it.

Tried it on my face ONCE. DO NOT DO THIS!!! Burned my lip and chin BADLY :(

I know it does work well for many people though (legs, not face that is).

Kate
  •  

ssindysmith

I had an allergic reaction to the Nair, never tried Nair for men is it new?

Laser is the way to go :)
  •  

Suzy

I've never seen Nair for men.  Where did you find it?
Kristi
  •  

Sarah Louise

I tried Nair a couple of times many years ago and did not get the best results.  Also one time I did get a severe rash and burn.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

michael 19 jones

i found it at the local wal mart in hair removal section. i love to browse at stores.  :D ;D
  •  

Brooke_NY

Yes, I tried it a couple years ago (maybe 1-1/2 years) and still use it on occasion. Only carefully around my privates though. :icon_redface:. I bought it at Eckerd Drug store.

I am really looking forward to getting some permanent hair removal done on my face and on my belly. I get terrible razor burns and ingrown hairs on my belt line after I shave my belly.
  •  

michael 19 jones

i know this shouldn't belong here but what do women think if men bought some moisturizer cream for the skin????  ???
  •  

Melissa

I think it's not necessary because testosterone produces so much oil (a natural moisteurizer) in the skin, whereas with a woman, she has dry skin from estrogen and moisteurizer is needed to replenish it.  In terms of do I think it's weird?  Absolutely not.

Melissa
  •  

michael 19 jones

thanks i might go out and buy some the next time i get paid
i did my chest about a week ago and i now have those irritating red bumps. i can't get rid of them. i need help. anyone have any suggestions.
  •  

Melissa

Sounds like you got a rash.  Next time you can try a number of other choices: Shaver, Epilator, waxing, a sugar based remover (i.e. nads), or plucking with tweezers.  I'm lucky in that I've never had to shave my chest because it was naturally hairless.

Melissa
  •  

Suzy

Quote from: Melissa on March 13, 2007, 10:39:54 AM
I'm lucky in that I've never had to shave my chest because it was naturally hairless.
Melissa

Melissa, that's disgusting.   ;)  My chest (at the very top) is like trying to shave a wire brush.

Kristi
  •  

Tiffany Elise

Kate;
  I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one that has tried Nair on my face. The skin burned and came off just fine but the hair stayed. That was a bummer and even my attempt to moisturize the burn with Oil of Olay burnt.
Tiff
  •  

Rachel

Quote from: Brooke NY on February 27, 2007, 04:39:24 PM
Yes, I tried it a couple years ago (maybe 1-1/2 years) and still use it on occasion. Only carefully around my privates though. :icon_redface:. I bought it at Eckerd Drug store.

I am really looking forward to getting some permanent hair removal done on my face and on my belly. I get terrible razor burns and ingrown hairs on my belt line after I shave my belly.

i have ingrown hairs problems on my belly aswell
  •  

gothique11

I tried something like nair on my face once -- however, it was designed for the face (the stuff for the body is much stronger and will burn you). It didn't work that great, and I didn't want to leave it on long. I had to put a lot of vitamin e on afterwards and moisturize it a lot -- it wasn't worth it. Laser or electro is a much better choice -- it hurts, but it's gone for good!

As for my legs, I've been thinking of trying that, especially that my hair is so fine now. I've been thinking of trying my elpilator... I haven't used that in over a year, but I wonder if the fine hair would hurt less with it this time or not.
  •  

Lydia

If you have a problem with ingrown hairs it's a good indication that your not exfoliating enough. Most supermarkets and chemists (I think it's drug stores in the states) stock exfoliating pads/gloves. These are designed to remove dead skins cells and help keep them open after waxing etc. I exfoliate once a day and moisturise (to keep the pores replenished and open). I have very few ingrown hairs (1 at my last waxing which happens every 6 weeks) on my tummy, legs, bikini. My beautician has told me on a number of occasions that my legs are better then alot of gg's she that she treats  :) and it's mainly due to the my daily regime.
  •  

Autumn

Exfoliating once a day is not enough for me. Hell, I plucked 5 hairs off the side of my chin 2 months ago (they're ones that I always miss while shaving) and I ended up with 5, huge, monsterous zits that're going to take another 6 months probably to un-redden. Blargh, no matter what I do hair's such a bitch. Except shaving my arms.

I've never used nair, but I used veet. The result was a chemical burn that bled that's just now, 15 months later, looking like it'll go away. That was on my chest - be careful in the chest, especially the nipples, and other areas like the thighs (got some burns there from it as well, though they've mostly healed by now), and around any mucuous membranes.

I'd already used it a couple of times and thought I had the timing and amount worked out, so it was a painful surprise. Be careful using those things.
  •