Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

someone guide me on the best way to hide 5 o' clock shadow

Started by ShawnTOShawnna, August 07, 2012, 01:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn Sunshine

I think i am doing faIR by using a nice coverall/coverup foundation and shaving really close with my hydro shick 5 power razors and using noxema and skintimate cream combos, but its not enough, i still see hair and i cannor afford laser surgery yet for my face, so what can i do in the meantime to hide that problem hair....i get my shadow at around 9 instead of 5 but it is still there...
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Jayne

Get yourself some orange lipstick, make sure it doen't have glitter in.

Cover your 5 O'clock shadow with the lipstick & wait a while for it to dry, then apply your foundation on top & hey presto your shadow will be much harder to see. You may need to experiment with how much to use & what shade, personaly I find a darker orange works.
Red lipstick also works if you're desperate but you may look slightly pink if you're not carefull.

A bit of powder on top of the foundation may also help but a friend warned me that powder can often look false, she also pointedout that if you're not carefull putting powder on then you may accidentaly remove some foundation.

The reason this trick works is something to do with orange being opposite in the colour spectrum to the bluish/black of stubble so cancels it out.
I'm sure there are others who can explain this better on this forum.

Also, I recently bought a Phillips electric shaver (I can't wet shave), it uses the lift & cut system & give a very close shave, it certainly helps & i'm glad about that because it was pricey

I hope this is of some assistance

All the best
Jayne
  •  

JennX

What brand/type of foundation are you using now? You might need something with more coverage. Dermablend and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundations come to mind as these are about as heavy coverage as they come.
"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton
  •  

Oriah

apply a coat of blush on top of shadow before applying foundation and/or coverup
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

well all I have is pink (cotton candy colors now for lip stick) and then I have purple and blue and pink (glitter) and white eye shadow....i tried the pink underneath the foundation and it helped a little, but I may not have any money until next week to buy some more makeup and then I should try a nice sherbert orange color for the lipstick

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: Oriah on August 07, 2012, 07:58:37 PM
apply a coat of blush on top of shadow before applying foundation and/or coverup

I am using NYC Brand from CVS Pharmacy in a Soft Biege Color, and it applies really well, but I can try something else, seems like my color is in the soft biege range though according to a few people I have run into

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Oriah

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on August 08, 2012, 02:55:49 PM
I am using NYC Brand from CVS Pharmacy in a Soft Biege Color, and it applies really well, but I can try something else, seems like my color is in the soft biege range though according to a few people I have run into

finding the right shade match for skin is definitely important.  I have troubles with this one when I tan up from being out in the sun too long and my foundation no longer matches.

a good red blush applied before foundation or cover-up helps to hide the bluish color of dark hairs under the surface of the skin
  •  

Joanna Dark

Quote from: Oriah on July 25, 2013, 10:27:33 PM
finding the right shade match for skin is definitely important.  I have troubles with this one when I tan up from being out in the sun too long and my foundation no longer matches.

a good red blush applied before foundation or cover-up helps to hide the bluish color of dark hairs under the surface of the skin

Really? I am going to try this. Thanks! I just plucked half my chin and lip hair out so hopefully this goes the extra mile.
  •  

Kaitlin4475

I just wont to sephora today to have someone teach me how to do makeup, the ladies were so helpful, I found that good concealer can do the trick. Once you apply foundation (that matches your skin tone) over it you can barley notice it :D
  •  

big kim

I used a flesh coloured concealer(match it to your face NOT your hand!) to cover the beard area and then Leichner Camera Clear foundation (again match to your face colour then translucent powder to set it.I'm in the UK so you might not be able to get Leichner and it was 23 years ago. Wet shaving worked better than electric but electrolysis/laser hair removal is the best way to go.
  •  

StellaB

I would suggest any of the following:

Transformation Miracle Beard Cover. It costs you nearly £50 for a 30g tub but is really thick greasepaint which lasts ages. Apply sparingly with a latex/natural sponge then 'set' with loose translucent powder.

Kryolan TV Stick. This comes in different shades and colours. If you're Caucasian depending on your skin tone you will probably need 1W, 2W, 3W, 4W or FS36 or FS45.

Kryolan Cake Make Up. This is the solid theatrical cake make up. Applying it make take a bit of practice. You apply it with a damp sponge (natural or synthetic) and wait until it dries completely before setting it with loose face powder.

Temptu Pro Airbrush Make Up. This is an alcohol based foundation which is heat and water resistant and stays on much longer than other foundations. You can apply it with the airbrush, a sponge or your fingers. Dinair and Luminess also do similar make up systems.

Leichner Camera Clear Foundation. As Big Kim suggested earlier you can use Leichner foundation with a primer or concealer.

Max Factor Pan Stick.
This is the only retail women's foundation that I use because it's one of the few which conceal beard shadow and it tends to stay on. I tend not to use most women's foundations because they're too greasy, oily, and most manufacturers tend to use yellow or orange as a colour base.

What to do if you have the wrong shade. It's worth having a very pale or white foundation (I use Kryolan TV Stick 1W) and bronzing powder in your basic make up kit in case you end up buying foundation in the wrong colour.

If your foundation is too dark. You apply a thin layer of the foundation and add the lighter or white foundation over it to lighten it.

If your foundation is too light. Use bronzing powder instead of your normal translucent powder to set the foundation.

"The truth within me is more than the reality which surrounds me."
Constantin Stanislavski

Mistakes not only provide opportunities for learning but also make good stories.
  •  

Madison Leigh

Quote from: Kaitlin4475 on August 03, 2013, 08:15:09 PM
I just wont to sephora today to have someone teach me how to do makeup, the ladies were so helpful, I found that good concealer can do the trick. Once you apply foundation (that matches your skin tone) over it you can barley notice it :D

I also went to Sephora for a makeup lesson and they were very helpful to me as well.
  •