Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Facail Skin Products Help?

Started by EmilyMI, September 14, 2012, 01:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmilyMI

I really have bad facial skin (picture shown below is the best way to help me describe how my skin is)  what facial products can you recommend to help moisturize/hydrate it and also help with my facial blemishes?    Thank You.

•  

EmilyMI

wow no one?

Bueller....Bueller....Bueller...
  •  

Shantel

Hi Emily!
      I have dry skin problems, probably due in part to HRT and aging. My favorite facial moisturizer which I started using years ago when I was shaving daily is Clinique moisturizing cream during the day and Rejuvenate estrogen anti-aging cream at night. I get complements about nice skin all the time from cis women who act shocked when I tell them I'm pushing 70 in real years, I'm 35 in my head. My spouse uses the Rejuvenate for the problem you described. It's pricey around $60 and comes in a small jar. You can purchase it through a naturopathic doctor who specializes in hormones for aging women. I've seen it online also. I use a little make-up paddle to dip some out of the jar, you don't need much! Don't stick a finger in any creams or makeup to avoid growing unwanted microorganisms.

•  

EmilyMI

I found out that almost anything to do with the facial skin is expensive, I have used MANY different products which is equivalent or more expensive then one that you recommended, and thus far nothing really has helped.  I will give it a try though and see if this product will help or more or not? Thank You though for your help and I will give it a try and see if there is any noticeable difference or not using it for awhile. 
  •  

Beverly

My skin has dried too, but I found the biggest help was exfoliating gloves to remove dead skin (use in the shower) followed by immediate application of non-scented moisturiser. I use any of Olay, Dove or E45. Before going to bed at night I always rub in some E45 and usually Olay when I get up. None of these are costly.

It has made a huge difference to my skin.
  •  

Pippa

moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.  Hormone changes dry out the skin.  Use a moisturiser designed for dry skin and a night cream too. Exfoliate regularly.  Biore do a good facial cleanser with salacylic acid which helps cool irritation.
  •  

Shantel

Whatever works for you! I always found that you get what you pay for. The Rejuvenate cream has bio-identical estrogen in it, I also rub it into my breasts occasionally after showering, it makes the skin extremely soft and the aureoles become enlarged and puffy, everything plumps up. Just a little side perk I get for using this product.
  •  

judithlynn

I agree totally with Shantel; the Rejuvenate night cream is excellent. I use it every night before I go to bed, especially on my forehead; cheeks and throat. Also I always put some on my decolletage and around my aureole to help soften them. In the mornings the skin around my nipples is especially soft which makes my small breasts look perky and of course my face looks bright.
Hugs
:-*
Hugs

•  

Nicolette

Vitamin C serum and Retin-A will reduce blemishes. Retin-A causes an increased rate of skin turnover, but also has the side-effect of peeling until your skin gets used to it. I eliminated dark patches on my face using these products from a line of products under the product name Obagi.
  •  

Anteros

Regardless of skin type, your daily routine should consist of:

- a gentle facial soap
- an exfoliant
- a moisturizer or toner with antioxidants and cell level ingredients
- a UVA/UVB protectant, if not included in your other products.
- a retinoid exclusive product for overnight use.

These don't have to be expensive. Neutrogena and other common cosmetic labels are fine. I once found a generic with the same active ingredients as the Neutrogena moisturizer I use, although one of the inactive ingredients caused a different skin feel.
  •