Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The "Does my voice pass?" thread

Started by Isabelle, September 19, 2012, 02:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucca

Sounds absolutely perfect to me! 100% female.

If your family and friends seem hesitant to answer, maybe it's because they're just so used to your old voice that it's hard for them separate it from your new one? I don't know, but it sounds good to me.
  •  

Angela H

Thanks Lucca!

You're probably right about my family. I asked my brother last night and he told me that I basically sound the same to him except a little higher pitched. NOT what I wanted to hear lol.  >:(
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Angela H on September 29, 2018, 09:37:45 AM
    Thanks Lucca!

You're probably right about my family. I asked my brother last night and he told me that I basically sound the same to him except a little higher pitched. NOT what I wanted to hear lol.  >:(

Well, sort of, sounding like the higher pitched version of your voice might not be bad, if the voice had feminine resonance and modulation, which to me your voice had. The thing I search for in my voice is "authenticity" and to my ear, your voice was completely authentic as a female voice. And, I am not just trying to be nice...  ;D

Kate
  •  

autumn08

https://soundcloud.com/adam-alexander-461578212/new-recording/s-0X3jp

Hi everyone,

I've been sporadically training my voice for the last week, and just recorded myself reading the Rainbow Passage.

Please don't be afraid to tell me if I don't pass; I don't expect to. And if you any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
  •  

Ritana

It's a bit monotonous with a deep resonance, I'm afraid.
To me it doesn't pass quite well.

Sorry, it's my honest opinion.
A post-op woman
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: autumn08 on November 02, 2018, 01:18:31 AM
https://soundcloud.com/adam-alexander-461578212/new-recording/s-0X3jp

Hi everyone,

I've been sporadically training my voice for the last week, and just recorded myself reading the Rainbow Passage.

Please don't be afraid to tell me if I don't pass; I don't expect to. And if you any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Autumn,
Thanks for feeling confident enough to share your recording. That isn't easy!
Voice training is the biggest hurdle I see in my transition, and from some friends I've talked to it took them a long time as well! Keep up the hard work!

I listened to your recording several times. I think you are definitely in an androgynous range. The one thing that I have noticed with my training, is women tend to end words going up in their modulation, while men tend to go down.
For example, take the way you say "Prism", "Rainbow", "Colors" and "Horizon". You are starting the words with a higher pitch and ending the second syllable on a lower note. Making your voice do the opposite is very hard!

That might be an area you could listen to other women in your daily life or on TV and hear what I mean. Try to start making the pronunciation more "sing song" the way they do.

You can do it!
Lacy   
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Lacy

Quote from: Angela H on September 29, 2018, 09:37:45 AM

Angela!
You sound super confident in your recording. You pass 100%. If any one of your friends/family say otherwise, it is definitely because they are biased. I can't even imagine what you would sound like with a male voice, as there isn't any trace of one!

You sound beautiful!
Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Sam1066

So my voice is the thing that I'm the most self conscious about. As a kid I knew it was higher than the other boys so I tried to make it sound deeper, and even somewhat as a young adult, because I didn't want to be given away as "a girl", because THAT would be a terrible thing for me to be (sarcasm). Now I'm slowly working on getting it higher and higher.

I have to admit I hate my voice when recorded, even though I don't think I have a particularly deep voice to start off with.

Here is my voice without having done any real voice training in the past few days: https://soundcloud.com/user-920594508/pre-voice-practice?in=user-920594508/sets/voice-samples-1
Here is my voice about 45min later after doing a full round of voice training: https://soundcloud.com/user-920594508/post-voice-practice?in=user-920594508/sets/voice-samples-1

How far off the mark am I right now? Are there some thing I should be working on to better hit a female sounding voice?
Sam?
  •  

Serenahikaru

Quote from: Sam1066 on January 06, 2019, 09:50:21 PM
So my voice is the thing that I'm the most self conscious about. As a kid I knew it was higher than the other boys so I tried to make it sound deeper, and even somewhat as a young adult, because I didn't want to be given away as "a girl", because THAT would be a terrible thing for me to be (sarcasm). Now I'm slowly working on getting it higher and higher.

I have to admit I hate my voice when recorded, even though I don't think I have a particularly deep voice to start off with.

Here is my voice without having done any real voice training in the past few days: https://soundcloud.com/user-920594508/pre-voice-practice?in=user-920594508/sets/voice-samples-1
Here is my voice about 45min later after doing a full round of voice training: https://soundcloud.com/user-920594508/post-voice-practice?in=user-920594508/sets/voice-samples-1

How far off the mark am I right now? Are there some thing I should be working on to better hit a female sounding voice?

Ik I'm finding this way later than when you posted, but I still thought it was good for you to at least have 1 response. I think both clips are pretty similar, yet both have a feminine pitch to them. I'm sure by now you've gotten even further along. ^^
"There'll come a day where you realize you were so afraid of what others thought, you never got to live the life you wanted."
  •