Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How do you deal with a crisis?

Started by Cindy, October 05, 2012, 05:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

organic

I simply try to remain and calm and go through my options. if there are no options available, well, it's time for a cup of tea.
  •  

JessicaH

I guess it depends on the nature of the crisis.

Work- Since I am usually the one in charge, it is my responsibility to mitigate the problem, figure out how to fix the problem, fix the problem then develop a strategy to keep said problem from happening again. I make quick decisions and I don't waste time getting bogged down in bureaucracy or consensus.  I adapt quickly to new information and adjust my  plan of action accordingly.  I'm quick to admit I'm wrong and I always keep an open mind to new solutions.

I'm known for my creative solutions and often accomplish solutions with people watching who said "it will never work".I have stayed up for 3 days straight managing a crisis and I don't give up until all possibilities are exhausted.

Personal- I usually get quiet and emotionless. My voice goes flat. Some take it for "indifference" but it's far from that.  I keep to much to myself and hold it in when I really want to explode. The TG crisis in my life has been the most difficult to manage.  I've tried to avoid it, pretend I could beat it, drank excessively for about 6 months and other self destructive things.  I guess only time will tell how I manage this one.

•  

AbraCadabra

Ha! As in in any top-class (IT, etc.) project/crisis situation:

Create enthusiasm

Overlook disillusionment

Ignore panic and hysteria

Search for the guilty

Punish the innocent

Finally, praise and honour nonparticipants.

It is a most widely applied project/crisis management method for IT projects such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and the like :)

Shortened version = crisis management by ongoing hysterical confrontation, hum.

Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •