Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

diagnosed GID

Started by Suzie, May 02, 2007, 11:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzie

Was diagnosed GID today.  Not that it was a big surprise, but the validation felt good.  Yay!

xo
Suzie

And hi!  This is my first post here.
  •  

J.T.

woohoo!!  it does feel great to have validation, doesn't it?

welcome to the board.  Make sure you make a post in Introductions so everyone can say hi properly :)
  •  

TheBattler

Hi Suzie,

Wellcome aboard here at Susans place.

Alice
  •  

katia

i wish i'd never been diagnosed. it's torture living this way.   
  •  

HelenW

Welcome to the club, Suzie.

hugs & smiles
helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Suzie

Quote from: Katia on May 03, 2007, 01:09:34 AM

Living what way?

Did the "diagnosis" change who you were?  You were who you were before the diagnosis.  Not sure I understand what you mean.

•  

togetherwecan

Quote from: Suzie on May 02, 2007, 11:25:44 PM
Was diagnosed GID today.  Not that it was a big surprise, but the validation felt good.  Yay!

xo
Suzie

And hi!  This is my first post here.

welcome to susan's Suzie! You will find we have much to offer here by way of resources and support...fun too ;D
  •  

Laura Elizabeth Jones

Quote from: Suzie on May 04, 2007, 10:35:53 PM

Living what way?

Did the "diagnosis" change who you were?  You were who you were before the diagnosis.  Not sure I understand what you mean.

Well, I can see where Katia is coming from because I feel that way sometimes too. But, I know that since I have been officially diagnosed with GID that it is only a matter of time that I will be starting treatment to fix the GID. So, once that treatment is under way I know that I will feel better. However, I can relate to what Katia said because I do have my bad days where I am severely depressed and I can not seem to shake it. But those days come and go so I try to deal with it as best that I can, keeping in mind that the future WILL be better.
  •  

Robyn

Quote from: Laura Elizabeth Jones on May 05, 2007, 11:28:39 AM

Living what way?

Well, I can see where Katia is coming from because I feel that way sometimes too. But, I know that since I have been officially diagnosed with GID that it is only a matter of time that I will be starting treatment to fix the GID. So, once that treatment is under way I know that I will feel better. However, I can relate to what Katia said because I do have my bad days where I am severely depressed and I can not seem to shake it. But those days come and go so I try to deal with it as best that I can, keeping in mind that the future WILL be better.

Laura, you should feel better when the sun finally rises in your state.  LOL  Or when you move down to transfriendly WA or OR.

Robyn
ElderTG
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

Laura Elizabeth Jones

ummmmmm, LOL, I am not moving anytime soon, Robyn. Although if I had the money (I.E.: won the lotto  :D) I certainly would do it.
  •  

Suzie

Living what way?

Actually I was in-between crying jags when I wrote that...I'm equally if not more messed up than all of you combined.

My point was the "diagnosis" is just a diagnosis.  Same old, same old, but now at least we have people on our side who are aware of what we are going through.

Hang in there, Katia and everyone else.  You aren't alone.

xo
Suzie
  •  

katia

Living what way?

you just took the words out of my mouth laura elizabeth.  i was getting ready to post one of my speeches  >:D after i read suzie's post, yet i hesitated and decided against it.

Quote from: Suzie on May 05, 2007, 08:26:41 PM

Actually I was in-between crying jags when I wrote that...I'm equally if not more messed up than all of you combined.

My point was the "diagnosis" is just a diagnosis.  Same old, same old, but now at least we have people on our side who are aware of what we are going through.

Hang in there, Katia and everyone else.  You aren't alone.

xo
Suzie

ahh i know. don't worry about it.  i understand.  i was having one of those days myself too. ;)
  •