Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Candy thermometer recommendation?

Started by Sybil, September 26, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sybil

Hi, I'm looking to start sugaring but I'd like to buy a decently cheap, quality candy thermometer first for the cooking process. Could anyone here with some experience recommend one, maybe on Amazon.com?
Why do I always write such incredibly long posts?
  •  

Sybil

For anyone who's interested, I ended up getting this one (quick decision, I know!): http://www.amazon.com/RT600C-Super-fast-Water-resistant-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B002GE2XF8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348713967&sr

It looked really good to me from all of the reviews. I'll report back with my experience once I get my mitts on it -- again, for anyone who's interested!
  •  

Snowpaw

Am I the only one who thought this would be about a thermometer made of candy?
  •  

Sybil

I admit I thought the same thing coming into this thread.
  •  

Devlyn

Just be careful! Molten sugar is the most dangerous thing in the kitchen. And a lot of fun! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Sybil

I think I made some mistakes along the line (the thermometer works wonderfully, by the way). I made a mixture that managed to remove some hair, but I didn't get it quite right. It didn't remove all hair. I'm going to make a new thread asking for advice and detailing what I'm looking for. Hopefully some people with lots of experience can help out there.
  •