Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Stitch's

Started by calico, April 20, 2013, 05:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calico

For those who have had srs, a lil while back and who also had self-disolving stitchs how long do they they last/take to go away? I am finding conflicting information and well lots of mine are gone (on the outside) but a few remain, also how long do the ones on the inside take to go away?
"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."― Irving Wallace  "Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find." -  E.L. Konigsburg
  •  

Tristan

For me I think week 8 they were all gone
  •  

JennX

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton
  •  

dejan160

It takes about 3 months for the internal stitches to dissolve by the body. And I was a bad patient so I removed all of the external stitches myself in the week 3. I didn't see a reason why to keep them when all of the wounds were healed.
  •  

calico

thanks for the info everyone, yea I am tempted to remove the last couple pieces I see externally.. but I will hold on just a lil bit longer :-\
"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."― Irving Wallace  "Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find." -  E.L. Konigsburg
  •  

Tristan

Your welcome girl. Glad your recovery is coming along nicely
  •  

Vicky

It depended on the gauge of the suture.  The one in the labia majora were out in about 3 weeks.  Several in the clitoral area went by week 4, and had been annoying for the last of those weeks.  The last ones to go at 6 weeks were at the back edge near the peritoneal area. 
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •